My forfeit

Sellers_Bird

Curling originated in the 16th century in Scotland, where games were played during winter on frozen ponds, lochs and marshes. The earliest-known curling stones came from the Scottish regions of Stirling and Perth and date back to 1511. The earliest reports of curling came from Paisley Abbey, Scotland, in 1541. In the early days of the sport, stones were taken from river bottoms. In the 1600s, stones with handles were introduced, allowing a delivery style similar to what is used today.At the Olympic Games, both women and men compete in ten-team events. Curling is a competition between two teams with four players each. The game is played on ice, and the two teams take turns pushing a 19.1kg stone towards a series of concentric circles. The object is to get the stone as close to the centre of the circles as possible.
One game consists of ten "ends". An end is similar to a baseball inning. During each end, each team delivers eight stones - two stones per person. The team members deliver the stones in a set order presented to the officials before the game. The first player is known as the "lead". He/she is followed by the "second," then the "third" (also known as the "vice-skip") and finally the "skip", who is the leader of the team. Each end starts with the leads alternating throws until they have each thrown their two stones. They are followed by the seconds in the same manner, and so on.
The score for the end is determined when all 16 stones have been delivered. The team that scores in an end shoots first in the next end. The team with the most points at the conclusion of ten ends is the winner.

ffs i couldnt find anything so that will have to do! there's nowt on the net about any scottish people winning anything in the 1992 winter olympics. nae mind :roll:

Sellers_Bird

its only 290 words and its got absolutely nothin to do with the scottish/GB winning curling team of 1992! he can punish me again if he likes, i reckon am out tonight anyhow 8)

Sellers_Bird

*more*

The winning team consisted of Rhona Martin, Margaret Morton, Fiona MacDonald, Debbie Knox and Janice Rankin.The Scots, who won Great Britain's first Winter Olympics gold for 18 years.

there we go :roll:

BB has decided, that although the essay is some way short of the total number of words asked for, that this good attempt by Sellers_Bird will be accepted.

Housemates please note: this leniency is only happening because it is the first nomination day.

Any future task failures will be dealt with appropriately.

Thanks,

BB.

HBB

I'm watching..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: