My first thread, Clever me

waynefiler

Hello to all TMPers

I'm Wayne and I'm a cornet player in the Army, currently with The Normandy Band of the Queens Division in sunny Catterick North Yorkshire, but spend quite a bit of time playing for various groups around the area.

I'm also playing for Barnard Castle Brass Band, on top cornet (dizzying heights) after a while finding my way around the band, Rep to Horn back to rep to sop to euph to 3rd man down and finally to principal. All this in 3 years!

I've always loved playing music so I decided to join the Army where else can a normal blower get paid for playing music without really going to a music college? I've been in 7 years now and loving it. In the past few years i've toured Norway, Cyprus, Europe, Canada and Iraq. I've also played for the Royals more times than I can mention, played with the Halle Orchestra, the Scottish National Operaand also shared a stage with Pavarotti, Westlife, Jamie Cullum, The Miami Sound Machine and The Osmonds.

Any questions, comments or other stuff please get in touch

PeterBale

Staff member
I'm on top said:
. . . and also shared a stage with Pavarotti, Westlife, Jamie Cullum, The Miami Sound Machine and The Osmonds.

Any questions, comments or other stuff please get in touch
That must have been quite a concert :shock: ;) :D

Good to have you on board, Wayne - you'll find there's quite a few past and present forces folk around, and we'll look forward to reading your other posts in the future :hi

waynefiler

PeterBale said:
That must have been quite a concert

I was part of the cast on the Royal Variety Performance 2003. I was quite an experience walking down the corridor and passing the likes of Cat Deeley ( It also got a kiss on the cheek from her :rolleyes: )