Music of the Spheres

Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press announce that Music of the Spheres, used by YBS at the Europeans, is now in print and available for all those who have asked to 'have a go' at it!

"The easiest way to describe the piece is that it is perhaps the nearest composition for brass band that sounds like blockbuster film music – it is the soundtrack of a sci-fi film from Ridley Scott or Steven Spielberg; music that someone like John Williams or Danny Elfman would write – all fantastically atmospheric, brilliantly scored with colours, textures, effects and timbres mixed with flowing musical lines that capture the essence of the subject matter to a tee. The concept from the composer is captured completely; the end result is a piece that takes the brass band to a different plane of achievement, both technically and musically." 4BarsRest

Contact your local De Haske office for details

http://www.philipsparke.com/de_haske_addresses.htm

Last edited:

Moy

Love the music and have now progressed well in semi - quavers Mr Sparke :)

Are there are hemi-demis?????:wink:

Only kidding would love to try this brilliant work...will ask the boss man if we can get it.

Moy

Hehehehehehehehehehe.:oops:

Have just got back from the excellent concert and have decided no way hosay......far too difficult for our band.....I bet not many bands will do your brilliant piece justice.
YBS did you proud again tonight.:clap:

Moy

Anglo Music Press said:
Dear Moy,

I'm not asking you to PLAY it, only to BUY it!

Philip
Like it ...............what a salesman....ten out of ten and go to the top of the class.

Big Gav

Have just got back from the excellent concert and have decided no way hosay......far too difficult for our band.....I bet not many bands will do your brilliant piece justice.
YBS did you proud again tonight.:clap:[/QUOTE]

Many thanks! I can confirm that this piece is very difficult to play,but practice makes perfect!If there are bands out there who want a challenge,and don't mind hard work,then I can definately recommend this piece.Thanks Phillip for providing yet another masterpiece for the brass band movement.

By the way I had a long chat with Mr Sparke in Glasgow just after our performance of 'Spheres' to complain about the dynamics in the bass parts as it only goes to fff!I have asked for ffff in his next piece!

Moy

Hi Gavin
The band were excellent and you did very well all on your own in the 1st half.
It was nice talking with Grezzy haven't seen him in ages.
Give him a big hug from me.........................bet u don't.:)
Love Spheres.

Last edited: