Music for youth festival, Birmingham

jonford

As the festival approaches (14th July) I wondered who from tmp will be there in Birmingham? I'll be there, unusually this is the first contest (apart from Whit Friday) I have been to this year!

jonford

Just me going then!? ;) Didn't wan't to bump this thread but im pretty certain there are more tmp people going and would be interested in meeting if there is time!

matti_raz

IM GOIN PLAYIN WITH SMITHILS !!!!!!!!!!!
We've won the last five on the trot, so fingers crossed!! (Hope we do a YBS!!!)

sugarandspice

x_lizc_x said:
I'll be there on Friday with Carrick Wind orchestra. Can't wait!!

Good luck to everyone taking part! :)

Me too!!!! Come and watch, it may be different from a brass band, but different isnt always a bad thing!! Me and liz will be the ones with the lush tan! :)

masefield

I am going on the next three days to the Festival which has become an annual visit for me to watch all five senior bands from Abraham Darby School - Brass Group, Senior Woodwind Band today, Senior Brass Band tomorrow, and Showband and Jazz Band on Frday - heres hoping for three excellent days!!

All the best for all participants.

WE GOT OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE TODAY IN THE SCHOOLS ORCHESTRA CATEGORY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :woo :woo :woo :bounce :bounce

:D
And what a fantastic place to play!
Happy Dawny! xxxx

music for youth 'nationals'

ive just heard that wigan youth have 'won' their round of the music for youth nationals , so buzzin !

gutted i couldnt go but well done to all the band !

jonford

Congratulations to Smithills who won the school section

Wigan Youth won the "outstanding" award for the music centre section :)

I've no idea about the open section but I'm sure we'll find out soon!

Well done to every band who played today, a very enjoyable day

open section

No highly commended award given
2 outstanding performance,
in the adjudicators words for 2 very different performances.

Guildhall for traditional performance
Cornwall for playing with no music and choriography
We await the classified ads in the bandsman nest week!!

BRASS BAND REQUIRES CHORIOGRAPHER
AN ABILITY TO TAP DANCE WHILST PLAYING Eb BASS AN ADVANTAGE
BUT NOT ESSENTIAL, INHOUSE TRAINING WILL BE GIVEN

am i correct when i say Greater Gwent also won last year playing Kongolela, unconducted, without music, and choriorgraphed!, please correct me if im wrong

richieramsaran

hi does anybody know what the reults of the schools section was?

i Know smithills got the outstanding award

where there any others given out?

masefield

In connection with other results Abraham Darby won the Highly Commended in the Schools Brass Band Section. They also won their 4th in a row (5th in 6 years) Outstanding Performance Award in the School Wind Band Festival. Northampton School for Boys and Smithills Concert Band got the Highly Commended in the same class.

Binky

Congratulations to:

Smithills fSenior Brass Band for Outstanding Performance
Abraham Darby Brass Band for Highly Commended

both in the School Wind Band section,

Also to Abraham Darby Showband for Outstanding Performance
Northampton School for Boys Symphonic Wind Band &
Smithills Senior Concert Band

in the School Wind Band section

Well done to everyone who played in any band. Symphony Hall is a fantastic place to hear such music! I had a brilliant time.

Anyone get the chance to listen to Rochdale Youth? I couldn't make it unfortunately and it was a particularly difficult day for the band this year for personal reasons. Just wondered if anyone heard them?

Ta muchly!

sugarandspice

We Won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god what a fantastic weekend, it was so amazing!!

The comments we had was like nothing i've ever heard, and the result itself was just amazing!! I mean we got Outstanding when we werent expecting to get anything-just happy to be there.

It was fantastic and i dont think ive ever had such a good feeling in my playign career.

:) :) :) :) :)