Mornington Crescent

picju96

How about a game of Mornington Crescent then guys?

Which rule set shall we use Dave?

I'll start at Euston Road

:p

PeterBale

Staff member
I'm afraid you'll have to play by Transport for London's rules, as parts of the Northern line are still closed following the recent accident :wink: :lol: :lol:

Dave Payn

PeterBale said:
I'm afraid you'll have to play by Transport for London's rules, as parts of the Northern line are still closed following the recent accident :wink: :lol: :lol:
Which means those wishing to travel to Goodge Street will find themselves in spoon.

I think for the benefit of non Londoners here, we should open this up to not so much Underground stations, but UK brass bands and rename it from Mornington Crescent to Rigid Containers. I'll start with a popular opening gambit, Grimethorpe RJB.

asteria

Hehe, i was at Euston Road on friday, what a coincidinc!

Surely the only sensible route would be to head for tottenham court road to avoid triangulation by using the central line.
Next move...

T-Horn

Sorry to not be with the times, But how the hell do you play this game.!! Does someone wanna explain the rules.
Excuse the ignorance, I'm from Wales. We stick to monopoly.lol
:oops: :( :lol:

lynchie

as i remember it the rules are made up as you go along, but you move from station to station around the london underground. A knowledge of which lines each station is on helps. (Which is why I don't involve myself!)

asteria

There's quite a few rules, the main aim of the game is to get to Mornington Crescent before anyone else does.

The best thing is to is go on a search engine and do a search on mornington crescent, there's loads of sites with rules on. Follow the moves on an underground map and you should get the hang of the basic rules fairly quickly.

Straightmute

Are we playing according to Pillinger's Theorem? If so, you obviously can't start at Euston, unless diagonals are played in recessive form.

D

Dave Payn

Best guide out there is the Mornington Crescent Almanac 2002. It explains absolutely eveything in an erudite and lucid fashion.

Regards

andywooler

Supporting Member
finding rules for this game is not so easy!

On which basis I will therefore declare a Lambeth Variation and head for St. Pauls

asteria

I've loved the game since i was little, my grandad taught me all the rules, he played it loads and even got through to the finals in regional heats sometime in the 70s.

Straightmute said:
Are we playing according to Pillinger's Theorem? If so, you obviously can't start at Euston, unless diagonals are played in recessive form.
D
Good point David, but doesn't Pillinger's theorem only apply when all the district line stations are wild?

Oooh, crossed postings.

Anyway, Peter, you can't have Hammersmith after Turnham Green unless the Wimbledon convention is being followed. And nobody follows the Wimbledon convention these days. So 1990s!

Daniel

Straightmute

Daniel Sheard said:
Oooh, crossed postings.

Anyway, Peter, you can't have Hammersmith after Turnham Green unless the Wimbledon convention is being followed. And nobody follows the Wimbledon convention these days. So 1990s!

Daniel
Exactly. Arnos Grove is the way out of this, as I indicated above...

D