Mod Avatars???

lynchie

What's happening with the avatars guys? Am I never to see Roger's shiny red bow tie ever again??? :shock:

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Hi Lynchie

Well spotted sir.... it's a pre-cursor for what's to come...:) so watch this space for an important announcement very soon about a fantastic, new fresh-look tMP...:)

John

lynchie

ooo how exciting!! We'll have to start some rumours based on unfounded conjecture about the future of tmp me thinks... :D

ps. nice use of the word pre-cursor there... probably the first time it's ever come up on tmp!

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
lynchie said:
ooo how exciting!! We'll have to start some rumours based on unfounded conjecture about the future of tmp me thinks... :D
... as long as it is positive rumour ...:)

Dave Payn

lynchie said:

ps. nice use of the word pre-cursor there... probably the first time it's ever come up on tmp!
'pre-cursor'. Is that a description of someone having a warm up before letting fly with a torrent of profanities? ;-)

super_sop

Supporting Member
Dave Payn said:
lynchie said:

'pre-cursor'. Is that a description of someone having a warm up before letting fly with a torrent of profanities? ;-)
oh truly paynfull!!! :p

drummergurl

ok precurser?????

anyone explain that one to me?? i dont own a dictionary and i dont have enuf money to buy one (im saving it all for my hols!) so if anyone could explain precurser to me, i would be veeeeerry happy

Dave Payn

drummergurl said:
ok precurser?????

anyone explain that one to me?? i dont own a dictionary and i dont have enuf money to buy one (im saving it all for my hols!) so if anyone could explain precurser to me, i would be veeeeerry happy
precursor n. A forerunner, a harbinger; one who or that which precedes the approach of anything, esp. John the Baptist; a predecessor in office, etc. precursory, a. Preceding and indicating as a forerunner or harbinger; preliminary, introductory.

(Source: Cassell's English dictionary, fourth edition, 1968)

PeterBale

Staff member
lynchie said:
Niot the first, actually - that honour goes to tewkesHorn in the discussion about Whit friday 2004:

tewkeshorn said:
If anyone else fancies it, me and a couple of others (basstrom4eva when he gets signed onto this list!) are trying to find a campsite in the area and pitch a tent for the weekend if anyone wants to make a holiday out of it.
How about a precursor to the tmp Camping trip :)

2nd man down

Staff member
PeterBale said:
lynchie said:
Niot the first, actually - that honour goes to tewkesHorn in the discussion about Whit friday 2004:

tewkeshorn said:
If anyone else fancies it, me and a couple of others (basstrom4eva when he gets signed onto this list!) are trying to find a campsite in the area and pitch a tent for the weekend if anyone wants to make a holiday out of it.
How about a precursor to the tmp Camping trip :)
You could really benefit from getting out more! :roll:

flugelgal

PeterBale said:
You mean to say you didn't remember it :?: :shock: :!:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I shall get back on topic like the good girl that I am and say that I like the new avatars, even though I'll miss the old ones. (especially Hobbes...)

2nd man down

Staff member
flugelgal said:
PeterBale said:
You mean to say you didn't remember it :?: :shock: :!:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I shall get back on topic like the good girl that I am and say that I like the new avatars, even though I'll miss the old ones. (especially Hobbes...)
Yeah, I like the Hobbes one too...that's one of THE funniest cartoon strips ever, that and Beau Peep!

I have a nephew called Calvin!!! And he's just like him!

Dave Payn

drummergurl said:
ok thanx dave, but it used alot of big words, can u explain it in little words??
Sure.

precursor n. A forerunner, a harbinger; one who or that which precedes the approach of anything, esp. John the Baptist; a predecessor in office, etc. precursory, a. Preceding and indicating as a forerunner or harbinger; preliminary, introductory.

(Source: Cassell's English dictionary, fourth edition, 1968)

;-)