Mobile phones and contests - what should happen?

HBB

Re: Give the stewards the power to eject people who use mobi

You wanna blow my what? said:
Keppler said:
Tubby the Tuba said:
If your phone goes off or you use your phone you will be ejected
I have this brilliant image of spring-loaded concert-hall seats...
hehehehehehe
Bahahaha so did I! :D
I did to but I thought that If i owned up to it I might have been classed as sicker than I usually am! :):):):p:p:p:p:p

HBB

Mrs Fruity said:
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can safely leave mine on - nobody ever rings.

That's because we all know where to find you????!!!**? :shock:

Did you ever add to the stains at the League? :?

I guess you haven't actually figured out how to use quotes then! :p:p:p

HBB

Mrs Fruity said:
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can safely leave mine on - nobody ever rings.

That's because we all know where to find you????!!!**? :shock:

Did you ever add to the stains at the League? :?

I guess you haven't actually figured out how to use quotes then! :p:p:p

Di B

Boneman said:
The worst contest I have been to for mobiles phones ringing during performances is Pontins - In spite of regular warning from contest controllers (I recall one incident where a phone went off within a few seconds of the contest controllers announcement!).

I think that the stocks should be bought back for such offences!

By the way has anyone programmed their phone with any Brass Band music? - I did have my phone parping out the Trombone solo from the second movement of Cross Patonce at one stage! - Our conductor has Chicken Reel from Hootenanny on his - class or wot?
I was at Pontins last year and the mobile phones going off were pathetic. I totally agree with you. What more can the officials do but announce the rule inbetween every single band that plays? I think a bar ban should have happened - that would get people to switch mobiles off! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mobile phone tunes.... our MD is sad enough to have programmed a march into his phone.... I think it is Knight Templar if I remember correctly.... bl**dy annoying thing!!!

Additionally, what do people think about the new style mobiles? I believe recording of bands in a contest is still banned... so what about these new phones that can actually record things (including performances?) Does this give officials a reason to ban mobiles completely?

satchmo shaz

banning them completely would be difficult to enforce.......... but not a bad idea.......... why cant people turn em off or put em on "silent?"

HBB

Di B said:
Boneman said:
The worst contest I have been to for mobiles phones ringing during performances is Pontins - In spite of regular warning from contest controllers (I recall one incident where a phone went off within a few seconds of the contest controllers announcement!).

I think that the stocks should be bought back for such offences!

By the way has anyone programmed their phone with any Brass Band music? - I did have my phone parping out the Trombone solo from the second movement of Cross Patonce at one stage! - Our conductor has Chicken Reel from Hootenanny on his - class or wot?
I was at Pontins last year and the mobile phones going off were pathetic. I totally agree with you. What more can the officials do but announce the rule inbetween every single band that plays? I think a bar ban should have happened - that would get people to switch mobiles off! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mobile phone tunes.... our MD is sad enough to have programmed a march into his phone.... I think it is Knight Templar if I remember correctly.... bl**dy annoying thing!!!

Additionally, what do people think about the new style mobiles? I believe recording of bands in a contest is still banned... so what about these new phones that can actually record things (including performances?) Does this give officials a reason to ban mobiles completely?
The trouble is these new mobile phones (hint to my dad! :p), can only record upto 1 minute - so the're not really practical :!:

Di B

homocidalbennyboy said:
Di B said:
Boneman said:
The trouble is these new mobile phones (hint to my dad! :p), can only record upto 1 minute - so the're not really practical :!:
Ahh, I didn't know that. Our MD is a gadget man and I know he has tried to record on his blasted phone!! :roll: If they can do this though, how long will it take them to increase this sort of time?

At least it isn't a problem now though! :)

BoozyBTrom

Re: Where do u put the money in ?

Baldeagle said:
I still can't find the hole to put the money in my pay as you go mobile :oops:

Same here. I thought pay as you go was supposed to be cheaper. Cant see how if you have to buy another phone when your credit runs out :wink:

jonford

Di B said:
homocidalbennyboy said:
Di B said:
Boneman said:
I believe recording of bands in a contest is still banned... so what about these new phones that can actually record things (including performances?) Does this give officials a reason to ban mobiles completely?
Ahh, I didn't know that. Our MD is a gadget man and I know he has tried to record on his blasted phone!! :roll: If they can do this though, how long will it take them to increase this sort of time?

At least it isn't a problem now though! :)
I dont really see how it is a problem, and why it is banned at some contests, but there are other ways people could record performances easily by using tape/ mp3 and mini disk players.

I agree at Pontins there are many warnings about mobile phones, and they did go off a lot and I only listened to a few bands!! Identifying whose phone could be a problem though, although at the championship section North west Area, Fairys were just about to start and this man was talkin really loud on his mobile! HELLO!! He was lucky that some of the people around him didnt hit him!!

neiltwist

to be honest, I think the recording thing is only copyright, whereas the mobile ringing and such things are rudeness issues. It's not the mobiles that should be banned, just the rude people using them!