midlands 4th section results

rutty

Remind me to go on the coach to Dundee, not drive myself.

Mind you, I managed to find Preston alright. And Crich, Burton, Leamington Spa, Leicester (and I'd like to point out that I didn't get lost going to Leicester and half of the band did :smug:) etc etc etc.

It's not my fault that they moved Belvoir Castle to the other end of the A38 :roll: :wink:

Brian

geordiecolin said:
Thanks Brian. I'll ask around if there's anyone who remembers you. Keith Oldman and Keith Arrowsmith still play for us and they've been with Dronfield since forever!

From what i can tell from your experiences you'd be greatly surprised and happy with Dronfield at the minute. After losing our MD and several key players to ASDA Stocksbridge after our (dubious in my opinion) relegation from the 3rd section, we have all knuckled down, appointed a new MD (Ray White) whose focus and direction has started a new era. Our result at the area was the start and hopefully in a year's time we'll be better equipped to push for a higher postion. The band is pulling together well now and i am sure that you would be proud of us all!!

Remember both Keiths and also Andrew Silman, who I hear has just left..Did Ray White used to be with Shirland, as Conductor for a while ?When I was there most of the Milners were playing, and Trev Benson, can recall lots of faces on the photo I have but not the names, and of course at that time the band was Stagecoach

geordiecolin

Ray White did indeed conduct Shirland for a while. Andrew Silman recently left to move across the pennines. Although i'm not sure if he has actually moved yet. i understand he played 2nd trom for Darley Dale at the area

Raspberry

Just reading back to the Baldeagle's comments - I thought it was terrible that they did not provide a review of the 4th section results. It was a very good day and the top four had every one guessing who would go to Dundee. Well done to Sharon and Long Eaton - its great two bands from Nottngham going to Dundee.

Talking of Dundee, Rutty my dear I worry about you - did you do geography at school? :roll:

rutty

Raspberry said:
Talking of Dundee, Rutty my dear I worry about you - did you do geography at school? :roll:
No. Can you tell? :wink:

Contrary to popular belief I can read a map - getting it out in the first place is my problem :cry:

satchmo shaz

thanks raspberry, did you hear us, I was well pleased with Le now comes the hard bit........ raising £3200 to get there!! :wink:

Raspberry

Yes satchmo I did hear LE play. I thought your band on a good performance. Good luck with the preparations for Dundee!

Raspberry

Congratulations to LE band! Its a great achievement to get promoted. I'm sure some members had a few drinks when they heard! 8)

Seedhouse

Congrats to Sharon and Long Eaton! Only just heard you've been promoted up to the 3rd Section for next year (i'm a bit behind the news!), go and show them what your made of at Dundee! We didn't do as well as we should have at Burton, (down to nerves me thinks :cry: :? ) but hopefully we'll do better next year! :D

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.