Methods of Mass DISTRACTION!

Hello Fellow tmp members, I've got to let you into a little secret! Tonight after a two hour rehearsal, an elderly male player from a section of the band went to a young female of the same section of the band and said "do you have a broad mind?". The female player in question replied "well if you mean do I have broad shoulders then yes". The elderly gent then said "do you realise that you have methods of mass distraction?" (this elderly gent has a PHD and is known for being VERY prim and proper). The young lady jokingly replied "well do you mean my cleavage? "To which he replied "yes"! Shock Horror!

Admittedly the young lady in question was wearing attire suitable for a summer evening and may have exposed her cleavage slightly but for an elderly gent (who has known her for over 8 years) to actually mention it caused much amusement at the end of rehearsal!

P.S I've taken the liberty to find out that this particular elderly gentleman doesn't have access to the internet - let alone be registerted on tmp.

P.P.S - Re-read this post and it's no-where near as comical as it was at tonight's rehearsal but believe me, laugh - I nearly urinated!

Salli

Oh come on Kari - You've got to let on who it was!!!!!!! :oops: :wink:

BTW it was 'Weapons of Mass Distraction' :lol:

I'll never view him in the same light again!
P.S. Is there anywhere to hang my coat? :roll:

OK, eldery is 75+ and Just for you Sal, it was yours truely!!

As for you Mr MusicMan and my cleavage - I won't even go there! :lol:

Keppler

Staff member
Oi Youngling. More respect to our Revered Leader from you, then..
Good sport Kari - although I laughed more at your overly cautious wording of "nearly peeing yourself laughing"..

Euph-Bari

Keppler said:
Oi Youngling. More respect to our Revered Leader from you, then..
Good sport Kari - although I laughed more at your overly cautious wording of "nearly peeing yourself laughing"..

sorry :p :p :p 8)

MoominDave

Give the man his due though - it's a fantastic pun (with "weapons" in anyway); he must have been looking for an appropriate occasion to use it for years! Richard Whiteley is not in sight.

Dave

twigglet

he wasn't even drunk, and he is normally a very straight down the line (not cleavage line!) kind of a man.

Ignoring the fact that he is old Kari, I'd be flattered. She does have a good pair ladies and gents!

:wink:

Aidan

i think photographic evidence should be posted...
(and you thought this thread couldnt descend any further ;))

IckleSop

Nadia said:
i think photographic evidence should be posted...
(and you thought this thread couldnt descend any further ;))

Yet again i must say TUT!!!! men,
But its aiden so i suppose he has an excuse

Aidan

its aidan goddamnit :D im not called nedia!!! :p
why do i have an excuse for being me then ;) ??

bagpuss

P.S. Is there anywhere to hang my coat?

Was it THAT cold in the bandroom on friday???? :D :D :D :D :D

Fair play, I didn't think this particular bloke had it in him!!! He wouldn't have commented if twiglet had been 'showing off', she has this tendency to turn up to band in some provocative attire every now and again, don't you deary???!!!! So for twiglet to have been 'displaying' would in a sense be nothing new!!!!! :D :D :D :D :wow :wow

We rehearse Friday nights at 7:30 pm in case any of you were thinking of checking what I mean!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :grnsm :grnsm :grnsm

neiltwist

bagpuss said:
He wouldn't have commented if twiglet had been 'showing off', she has this tendency to turn up to band in some provocative attire every now and again, don't you deary???!!!!

that's why I thought it was twiggy! but i'm sure kari has an ample pear! can you tell i'm drunk after aidens beer festival?