MD's and White DJ's

lynchie

I've never seen a bird wear anything... I imagine it would impare their flying ability... and a bird conducting? It'd have to be something like an albatross if anyone was going to see it's beat! :roll: :wink:

Andy_Euph

MD's and white DJ's are just wrong. For a band like Leyland the uniform works because everyone is wearing white but to see a band kitted out in green or red the have someone stood in the middle in white... :shock:
Just looks a bit tacky to me

Dave Payn

I bang AND Blow! said:
what about birds conducting though? what do they wear?

Whatever they like so long as they don't poop on the stage!

What kind of birds are we talking about? ;-) ;-) ;-)

Naomi McFadyen

I went to Cornwall Youths concert last night and Derek Broadbent was the MD... and what did he wear???....

....White DJ! :D :lol:
Must admit, it didn't look quite right with the band wearing white shirts... :shock:

:wink:

ScrapingtheBottom

The problem with white DJ's is that most of them are cream tuxedos which look crap/like they've been nicotine stained.

If I'm doing a concert outside of band I wear I black dinner suit (tuxedo), black bowtie and wingtip shirt (because I don't own any other type of dress shirt) if it's formal. You shouldn't wear I cumberbund unless you are a soloist or the stick waggler, same for coloured bowties and never wear a white bowtie unless you are in tails or it's a morning job. Of course If I'm going to a really formal do as a guest I'll wear the kilt.

Steve

Cant see anything wrong with it personally, if the MD feels comfortable in a white DJ then so be it. I have seen conductors look band in black DJ's, suits etc so i dont think the whiteness of the jacket can be the cause!

nickjones

Andy_Euph said:
MD's and white DJ's are just wrong. For a band like Leyland the uniform works because everyone is wearing white but to see a band kitted out in green or red the have someone stood in the middle in white... :shock:
Just looks a bit tacky to me

Does it work?? cleaning costs...those white jackets show dirt up , how about the deps who " borrow " the white Dj's??? the amount of jackets required for deps.
what is tacky is an md...white Dj with a cravat...ugh
depends on what the concert situation is....if band in Black or red jacket , an md with white Dj can look quite good , but at the end of the day if you have a peacock type character in front of the band telling the worst jokes in history, does that not distract from the bands performance...I suppose it would be a fasion faux pas if band and conductor wore white...cheesy , does it matter what you wear as long as it is neat and tidy and professional looking , Wire Brass...First City Brass ( dont know if they are still going ) very forward looking :D

skweeky

i was just thinking - MD's always talk in the "we" tense (eg "we are going to play well" , "we will win"). Whay can't they wear a band uniform like the rest of the band??? :?

skweeky said:
i was just thinking - MD's always talk in the "we" tense (eg "we are going to play well" , "we will win"). Whay can't they wear a band uniform like the rest of the band??? :?

because if the band play crap the "we" suddenly disapears for some reason

I was just browsing along and realised that the title of this thread could easily be found on the back of an EMINEM LP.

Anyone have some dodgy lyrics or a 3rd rate tune to offer?

Dave Payn

Australian Euphonium said:
I was just browsing along and realised that the title of this thread could easily be found on the back of an EMINEM LP.

Anyone have some dodgy lyrics or a 3rd rate tune to offer?

3rd rate's too sophisticated for this exercise!