Marsden Silver Riverhead Brewery Band 21st Annual March Contest

Kath2

Saturday 17th June 2006
The evening consists of 2 contests one at the Riverhead Brewery Tap and then moving onto our Bandroom. This years prize money is over £1600 .
If anybody requires more information or an entry form please leave me a PM.​

Kath2

Full details of the Marsden March Contest

We still have some entries to fill if you are interested please contact me via this thread or Private message and I will get back to you straight away. Marsden Silver Prize Band
& Riverhead Brewery
Annual March & Hymn Tune Contest
To Be Held From 5pm On Saturday 17th June 2005 At The Riverhead Brewery, Peel Street & Marsden Bandroom, Marsden Lane,.
2 Contests, Over £1,600 Total Prize Money.
1st Prize: £250 & Trophy
2nd Prize £150 & Trophy
3rd Prize £100 & Trophy
Best Youth Band £50
Best 3rd/4th Section £100
Best Hymn Tune £50
Best Deportment £50
Best Solo Cornet £25
Best Euphonium £25
Best Bass Section £25
All prizes except deportment are duplicated at each venue.

Kath2

Fancy an evening in Marsden

Just a quick reminder that this Saturday is our March contests. 13 bands have entered this year and the Weather forecast looks good. So come along and have a good night. If there are any bands still wishing to enter we can still accomodate a few more please contact me on 07747018406

Blimey. I forgot that all these old adjudicators are now going on courses to get computer literate. I wonder if they know how to use a phone as well!

(I’m only joking - tongue in cheek).

Cornishwomble

VenusTromster said:
Blimey. I forgot that all these old adjudicators are now going on courses to get computer literate. I wonder if they know how to use a phone as well!

(I’m only joking - tongue in cheek).

Yes I'm sure our "old" adjudicator Glynn Williams would love you to tell him that!

gawber

Unfortunately I had to leave before the end because I was suffering badly from the dreaded hayfever.

Anyone got the results please?

I'll second Roy... I was drunk too and the only results I remember is Pennine picking up best Euph/Cornet/basses (I think!) And they came 1st at both contests (Again.. I think!)

Kath2

Full Results of the 2 Contests

Bandroom

1st: Pennine Brass
2nd: Dobcross Silver
3rd: Old Silkstone
Best 3rd/4th Section: Pemberton old jjb Wigan "B" band
Best Youth Band: Boarshurst Youth
Best Cornet: Pennine Brass
Best Bass Section: Pennine Brass
Best Euphonium: Pennine Brass
Deportment: Dobcross Silver
Best Trombone section on the street March: Old Silkstone

Riverhead

1st: Pennine Brass
2nd: Holme Silver
3rd: Dobcross Silver
Best3rd/4th Section: Uppermill
Best Youth Band: Boarshurst Youth
Best Trombone section: Pennine Brass
Best Horn section: Pennine Brass

I would lke to thank all the bands and spectators that made this years contest a great success and I sincerely hope that you all enjoyed yourselves and hope to see you all again next year.

philram

I would like to say well done to Dean and the Boarshurst youth band.They played extremely well at both contests and did themselves proud. None the least my eight year old Holly, who had a great night and enjoyed every minute.

Phil Ram....Proud dad!

Kath2

Hymn Tune Result

Sorry I missed this result. Yes you've guessed it The Hymn tune at both venues was won by ....Pennine Brass.