Marsden March and Hymn Tune Contest

Kath2

Date for your diaries.

This years contest will be held on Saturday 11th June 2011

If you would like details of the contest please let me know and as soon as these are back from print I will get some in the post for you.

Thank you

Kath
Marsden Silver Prize Band

Kath2

Entry Forms

Entry forms for the contest are in the post this week if you require one please let me know and I will get one sent either via e-mail or through the post. With Whit Friday being late this year the contest is an ideal run out for your contest march and it would be great to see lots of you there, lots of interest already.

Kath

P_S_Price

Can you post cost, times and venue on here for those of us that might like to come as Audience and just listen?

Bayerd

Can you post cost, times and venue on here for those of us that might like to come as Audience and just listen?
There's no admission fee, however spending lots at the BBQ and the bar is to be more than encouraged. The venue is Marsden Bandroom, Marsden Lane, Marsden, Huddersfield.

It normally starts about 5pm. Oh, and bring midge repellant with you.

annerly

Originally Posted by Kath2
Entry forms for the contest are in the post this week if you require one please let me know and I will get one sent either via e-mail or through the post. With Whit Friday being late this year the contest is an ideal run out for your contest march and it would be great to see lots of you there, lots of interest already.

Kath

paulette.morton@btconnect.com

thanks

Kath2

A quick reminder to get your entries in for the contest this is a fantastic opportunity to run out your contest march for Whit Friday, if you haven't already got a form but would like one please get In btouch

Thanks

Kath

NAS

Does anyone know when the draw is?
I might be wrong but I think that I read that it's being done on the 8th when entries close.

Does anyone know who's entered this year? We've decided to return again after not attending last year.

Kath2

The draw is indeed at 8pm on Tuesday, I am still awaiting confirmation from a couple of bands I will confirm the bands on Tuesday. For any bands still wanting to enter entries are open until the draw takes place, this is a superb opportunity to run out your marches for whit Friday for further info please do not hesitate to get in touch with me on07747 018406

Thank you
Kath

Kath2

It's the last day for entries today it's not too late to enter your band, please contact me to discuss if you would like to compete. The draw will take place this evening and will be undertaken by members of Marsden Concert band.

Kath

Kath2

The bans competing in Saturdays contest in no particular order are Uppermill,Dobcross Silver, Rainford, Thoresby Colliery, Huddersfield Brass, Meltham and Meltham Mills, Blackley, Ellenbrook and Boothtown and Milnrow Band.

NAS

The bans competing in Saturdays contest in no particular order are Uppermill,Dobcross Silver, Rainford, Thoresby Colliery, Huddersfield Brass, Meltham and Meltham Mills, Blackley, Ellenbrook and Boothtown and Milnrow Band.

Hey Kath,

I spoke to someone from Thoresby tonight who said they'd withdrawn :-s

Frontman

I believe Uppermill have won the 2nd Section prize, but unfortunately I don't know anything more.
Congratulations to Alan Widdop and Uppermill Band.

Any More results yet?

Millsy

I believe Uppermill have won the 2nd Section prize, but unfortunately I don't know anything more.
Congratulations to Alan Widdop and Uppermill Band.

Any More results yet?
Well done uppermill and especially to Sarah. U took some scalps there gal, well done!