manchester and district contest

any one go to the contest? what a great day!!!!!!! some realy good test pieces's today!!!! any one hear us play? did we deserve to win? anyone got any coments on the 4th section? i heard from people in the bar that the results were a joke is it true? i dont know coz i didnt hear any ov em!!! did anyone hear rochdale youth? there great i thourt!!! essence of time for a youth band wow!!! well done!

Yes, the fourth section result was a little odd. I'd possibly say it was a complete travesty actually!
I heard all the bands and, in my opinion (and several others who i've since spoken to), Besses Boys gave a much better account of Seasons than Greenfield who took 1st place. Greenfield played last, just after BBB, and the performance was just not as enjoyable.

The top 3 in each section:

Wardle High School, Rochdale, Sunday, November 23

CHAMPIONSHIP SECTION
1 Stalybridge Old J. Maines 190
2 Moston & Beswick Manchester M. Obermuller 187 (Resurgam)
3 United Norwest Co-op Milnrow A. White 185

SECOND SECTION
1 Haslingden & Helmshore D. Holland 186
2 Skelmersdale Prize C. Dickinson 184 (oceans)
3 Meltham & Meltham Mills S. Fawcett 182

THIRD SECTION
1 Hebden Bridge I. Craddock 187 (royal parks)
2 Diggle N. Law 185
3 Crofton Silver R. Morgan 184
4 Boarshurst (Four Preludes)

FOURTH SECTION
1 Greenfield D. Chapman 179 (Seasons)
2 Dobcross Youth 2003 E. Griffiths 177
3 Besses Boys M. Stringer 176

YOUTH SECTION
1 Rochdale Borough Youth E. Landon 187

can anyone add to the results and what test piece bands played? well dont to all bands there!

faerie

rickcowens said:
THIRD SECTION
2 Diggle N. Law 185

Good one Rick :)
I shall have a drink for ya tonight. :guiness

faerie said:
rickcowens said:
THIRD SECTION
2 Diggle N. Law 185

Good one Rick :)
I shall have a drink for ya tonight. :guiness

thanxs! i had a few yesterday!! glad i booked today of work!!

4th section- Greenfield and BBB played Seasons
Freizland played Pennine Moors

3rd section- Blackley played Moorside Suite

Championship- Moston played Resurgam

horn1

Well done to Hebden Bridge!

Boarshurst (3rd section) came 4th :( (not too bad a result really!!) and played Four Preludes

MattB

We (Haslingden) played A London Overture in 2nd Section AND Championship Section! Won the 2nd and beat Tintwistle in the Championship! Not a bad day's work.

Ah, the 4th Section result....... Those of us that listened to all bar one of the bands had St John's Mossley WAY out in front of the rest. They played an absolute blinder! Strange that they didn't even get placed. Besses were definitley better than Greenfield (although they played very well).

One thing disappointed me with the 4th section on Sunday- lack of power and/ or dynamics. Hardly heard any all morning! From what I remember of playing in the 4th section it was always a case of "shut up, you're too loud!!"

SteveT

Manchester & District Results

Does anyone have the full results and the name of the adjudicator please?

stayleybridge played journey in2 freedom

stayleybridge who won the top section played journey in2 freedome and in my view played it very well, but as i didnt hear any of the other bands in that section i dont know if they shud have won it altho it was a very good effort from them, congrats to my former college friend john maines, keep up the good work m8!

ploughboy

Crofton played well, really compact and together, and 3rd place with all the bands that were there was an excellent show!!