Section A (Champ, !st, and 2nd section)

1st Harrogate David Lancaster 194
2nd Yorkshire Co-operatives John Roberts 193
3rd Drighlington Colin Hardy 191

Best March Yorks. Co-op.
Best basses in March Kirkbymoorside
Best Soloist Harrogate
Best Percussion Chapeltown Silver

More detailed results will appear on our Web Site www.yhbba.co.uk later this evening ie the points for every Band

Straightmute

P. Sanderson said:
:guiness :guiness And nobody brought me a pint backstage :cry: :cry:

Sorry Peter - in all the excitement it must have slipped my mind. Thanks to YHBBA for another good contest!

D

neiltwist

Straightmute said:
P. Sanderson said:
:guiness :guiness And nobody brought me a pint backstage :cry: :cry:

Sorry Peter - in all the excitement it must have slipped my mind. Thanks to YHBBA for another good contest!

D

and congratulations to tHB for a good result! and congratulations for getting the best soloist prize too (who was the soloist by the way?).

yorkie19

Congratulations to David and the Harrogate Band.

Also to Audrey Brown and the Rowntree B band. It's good to see that the hard work that was put in by Richard Wilton (another tMPer) a few years ago, and carried on by Audrey has paid off. This was their first contest.

Sam

I was the guy that tried to prevent confusion over the placing of the kitchen sink department prior to going on stage. and also walked to the adjudicators box with the music for every band.

FULL RESULTS NOW ON WWW.YHBBA.CO.UK

Ste69

Oh well... I think the phrase is "Cheers for turning up" :oops:

Not the result we wanted but a good day out.

Congrats on another top contest... Nice to see a decent sized audience, It's just a shame we couldn't hang around afterwards (Who the hell books a concert on the same day as a contest) :x

Straightmute

neiltwist said:
and congratulations to tHB for a good result! and congratulations for getting the best soloist prize too (who was the soloist by the way?).

Thanks Neil. Principal cornet Robert Illsley won the solo prize with his performance of Hello Dolly, arranged by Alan Morrison. Our programme was:

La Mourisque, Susato arr. Lancaster - (now available from Dragon Music!)
Festive Overture, Shostakovich arr. Kitson
Hello Dolly, Herman arr. Morrison
March: Around the World, Owen
'Mid all the Traffic, arr. Ballantine
Hallelujah Parade, Norbury

Sorry to miss Ste69 - I had a pint waiting at the bar for you but eventually repossesed it. Your round!

D

Ste69

Not as sorry as I was David.

I could have stayed all day!!! :guiness We came off stage at 5:10 and had to be on the bus at 5:30 to get back for a concert (worst luck eh?) I'll still get that pint somehow.

Well done anyway. I'm sure I'll catch up with you and that pint sooner or later... :twisted:

Ste69 said:
Oh well... I think the phrase is "Cheers for turning up" :oops:

Not the result we wanted but a good day out.

Congrats on another top contest... Nice to see a decent sized audience, It's just a shame we couldn't hang around afterwards (Who the hell books a concert on the same day as a contest) :x

Nice to meet you however briefly Steve.
Our result wasn't much better :( but the pub lunch and guiness was excellent. :)

Congratulations to David and the Harrogate band on an excellent result.
Will maybe see some of you again in a fortnight at St Helens

ploughboy

We (wetherby on this occasion) had a good day, Our Basses won hte new Best basses in the section cup, and we heard nothing else in the pub!!

Heard a few other bands play and thought the standard was great all day, A little hard for Horbury, they impressed.

harrogate played a blinder well done to all concerned!

Ste69

Cheers for that Garry, Nice to know that it wasn't all for nothing.

I knew it wasn't our best performance of the programme but I guess someone has to come last eh??

Still we had a concert on Sunday evening, got the results during the interval and I don't know about other players but I could hardly be bothered to play the 2nd half.

Anyway, nice to hear that people liked the programme even if Roy Sparkes wasn't overkeen (or was it just the multitude of errors in playing?????) :)

CRat63

The rise of the Harrogate Band continues.......
Well done David and all the team-pass on my congrats. You could have played a little worse and let us take the honours though!
Nice seein you Wetherby guys there also-good result for you too, well done.

Craig

Valvecap

Aye - cheers to all for a good contest - good to see a number of tMPers there - congrats and thanks to Straightmute - alot of hard work paying off...

cornetgirl

Yes - a thoroughly good time was had by all (despite my minor strop in the bar cos I didn't want to listen to any bands! :D )

Well done Mr. Mute (and Rob who ain't a tMPer yet...) - nice to have my first win with the band - let's get a few more trophies!

Rach x