lost at Burton-Upon-Trent

super_sop

Supporting Member
Unfortunetely whilst in the throes of celebrating yeserday i lost something very dear to me.....

My voice!!!!

does anybody have a cure for a lost voice, this is getting very frustrating!

all help greatly recieved

a Poorly super sop:(

Tom-King

I wonder why...

Poor Craigy :(

Have you looked behind the fridge?
When you lose something, its nearly always there...

HorniKaz

Supporting Member
Haven't you also lost something else Craigy??? Your memory!! :tongue:

Maybe you should try regression therapy & have a vast amount of Brandy. This will help you to get back to the "place" where you were when you lost your voice!! ;)

Tom-King

Maybe you should try regression therapy & have a vast amount of Brandy. This will help you to get back to the "place" where you were when you lost your voice!! ;)

Who in their right mind would actually WANT to get back to the Belvedere club bar? :p

Tom-King

Hehehe, theres always one isnt there? ;)

Still, atleast it was an ok place for the first ever SPAS committee meeting :p

Getting the principles established was very important, obviously :p

So, If youre reading this, and are:
*A soprano player
*A little thick
*Look good dressed as a Woman
*Want a laser target to go on your soprano, to make sure you really do get that awkward person on the front row.....
(*Rubbish at keeping secrets?)

Youre just what we want :p

super_sop

Supporting Member
a do have to agree with you here Mr Thorne Sir.
its abeen a long time since i have been to an area contest and enjoyed such a friendly, sociable place to gather

postie

Half the band - well actually nearly all of the band got lost on the way to Belvedere - I was there before them as I had to attend the draw and as they arrived there were various stories of getting lost, confused, bandsmen passing each other and blamed the maps that were provided! At least there was plenty of time and we didn't get the number one draw!!!

bagpuss

Unfortunetely whilst in the throes of celebrating yeserday i lost something very dear to me.....

My voice!!!!

does anybody have a cure for a lost voice, this is getting very frustrating!

all help greatly recieved

a Poorly super sop:(

Can I add a personal plea to this? If anyone DOES have any idea how to find Super_Sop's voice,

I'LL PAY DOUBLE WHAT HE OFFERS TO KEEP THEIR IDEAS TO THEMSELVES!!!!!!

;) :biggrin: ;) :biggrin: ;) :biggrin:

super_sop

Supporting Member
Can I add a personal plea to this? If anyone DOES have any idea how to find Super_Sop's voice,

I'LL PAY DOUBLE WHAT HE OFFERS TO KEEP THEIR IDEAS TO THEMSELVES!!!!!!

;) :biggrin: ;) :biggrin: ;) :biggrin:
:biggrin:;):biggrin:;):biggrin:;)

lmao!

Nice one pusss:tup

Di B

My voice!!!!
(

Ha ha ha! :)

The same thing happened to me at Butlins this year! It is apparantly a curse borne by the most joyous members of a band! ;-)

I found resting my voice the best cure. Some suggested gargling with salt water, but I couldn't face it. Adding to insult I was also got a cold just after that slowed my recovery.

Truth is, it will come back in time - this will be quicker if you rest your voice. Sadly, I couldn't that much due to work and it took a full two weeks to come back fully, but 3 days for me to make myself heard.

My sympathies go to you - just make sure you rest your voice prior to the finals as I think it might happen again there!

super_sop

Supporting Member
Hi Diane, thanks for the advice!
i've tried to rest it, but its just not possible (all those that know me will know how true that is!!).

It has started to come back though, but with a youth band rehearsal tomorrow, I'm dont envisage having much left by the time the senior band arive!

Guess Roger will have a quiet practice for once!!!!

Oh boy do i hope to be losing it after Harrogate!!!!!

Take care.
Craigy

If your throat is sore as well, try a tube of salt and vinegar pringles to numb it. Lemon and honey in hot water, rest and lots of sign language or writing notes. Patience is hard but necessary I'm afraid.
Sarah