Looking for a Tenor Horn Tutor

kate_the_horn

hey, im looking for a tenor horn tutor in and around the lostock area, the last exam i took was grade 6 distinction, and i am willing to work very hard to get my grade 8, as soon as possible

kelly xx

bigmamabadger

I know he's a bit far away, but you could try Paul Andrews in Warrington. He's too scary for me but you might get on better with him...
BMB
xx

Okiedokie of Oz

At the level you want to work at, you need a cranky, bossy, domineering male to yell at you on a weekly basis. A soothing voice, a gentle hand and a few kind words won't get the job done.

flugelgal

Okiedokie of Oz said:
At the level you want to work at, you need a cranky, bossy, domineering male to yell at you on a weekly basis. A soothing voice, a gentle hand and a few kind words won't get the job done.

You're quite right, Chris. We all need a good kick up the behind now and again! :D

kate_the_horn

yeh i agree wiv everyone, but where do i start looking?

and will a horn tutor (rather than a other instrumebtal teacher) be good for me?

any ideas?

and lostock is near northwich,on the way to manchester (read a map)

Horace

If you can get to manchester easily enough then I would definitely consider contacting Lesley Howie. I travel down from Durham for lessons and she is a really great teacher! And a nice person too! Or contact any horn player with one of the top bands around there, would have thought they all give private tuition.

T-Horn

Hi Kate, if u want send me a PM or next time ur on msn ask me for leslie Howie's number. I'm sure she won't mind me giving it to you. She's an excelent horn tutor and will work you VERY hard. :!: :D

Okiedokie of Oz

kate_the_horn said:
and will a horn tutor (rather than a other instrumebtal teacher) be good for me?

[\quote]

Speaking as a teacher it depends on the quality of their musicianship. A former teacher of mine can no longer play (his lips are waaaaay buggered!) but is extremely intelligent, and has a sharp ear. On the other hand, I know of teachers who excel on their own instrument, but teach all (as is the policy here) and by GOD they screw up their kids!

So it's not what they play, but how they play it that should concern you. And how they teach it. Some poeple have it, others don't.

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.