Look a likes?

horny

At band the other night we were discussing how many look a likes we have in our band, including Penfold from dengermouse and jim davidson (principle euph). Do other bands have uncanny look a likes?

horny

oops nearly forgot...our conductor is the spitting image of Alf (see my photo), that's what started the discussion at band in the first place we were in fits of laughter

Griffin

Does anyone remember Fame Acadamy's Alister Griffin? When I joined Stannington a few people said I looked like him (probably the hair cut) so I became "Griffin". Come to think of it -I dont think most of the band know my real name!!

mikelyons

Supporting Member
If I were sensitive.........

WHICH I'M NOT!

I might point out that I have Tom Cruise's Nose, Einstein's forehead

and The Whitbread Trophy's ears.

But I'm not going to :)

Last edited:

barry toan

horny said:
At band the other night we were discussing how many look a likes we have in our band, including Penfold from dengermouse and jim davidson (principle euph). Do other bands have uncanny look a likes?
.....and don't forget 'Alec Gilroy from Coronation Street' on the cornet section!

horny

Sorry mate!!!Thought it might make you chuckle a little, was remarking to a friend on thursday night at band about the likeness!!!! Hope you are not offended!!!!

barry toan

Ah, i wondered what you were giggling at on thursday! its all become clear now! I wont take it personally, much!!!!!!!... ;-) I'll have my revenge!!.......... ni ni ni ni ni.....

timbloke

Griffin said:
Does anyone remember Fame Acadamy's Alister Griffin? When I joined Stannington a few people said I looked like him (probably the hair cut) so I became "Griffin". Come to think of it -I dont think most of the band know my real name!!

Is that not your real name.

Sitting in front of Griffo is (according to many people i know who've seen the band) Alistair McGowan aka second mand down Stewart Croft. and opposite his our first horn player who our old MD was convinced is acually what's her face that judge from pop idol.

Not to mention the fact that when recently auditioning conductors, one of the prospective candidates was a spitting image of one of our own players. it was very spooky!

Boneman

Our conductor/flugel player (Chris Lewis) is a doubl for Tyrone off Coronation Street! . . . and then of course there's me who likes just like Brad Pitt (not!)

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.