Longest Marches

Ali

Well a few years back I helped out the Carrbrook Band for a weekend in France. It was top UNTILL! We had to do a march on the Sunday around Armientiers Square which is all of about a 3 to 3/12 mile walk. What they didnt tell us was that there were that many talking part in the parade we would be out for approx 8 1/2 hours MARCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now thats what I call a long march! Only time I have ever split my lip. In fact on time I split my lip in three different places. Oh yeah, and my feet were sore!

horn1

I've been on that march for Carrbrook too, people watching did strange things like spray shaving foam up your bell!!! We'd laughed at all the other bands with guards over their bells but we soon stopped laughing!!
Oh yeah, Alan, it was 8 1/2 hours but every time the parade stopped (which was often) you could go into the nearest pub!!! :D

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.