London & SC Counties Championship Section Opinions?

MoominDave

<penny dropping>

Supersplit -
I think I must have seen you quite close up before we went on stage on Sunday - you were on after us, and, if I'm right, you were talking with our Sop Alex backstage as we were registering?

Dave

Accidental

Supporting Member
A few people in our band have mentioned applying for next year - does anyone have the appropriate contact details please?

I know L&SC is a weak area, but surely we should have more than 2 bands in the running?! Maybe we should organise every top section band to apply for 2005.... It would be hard for them to justify turning all of us down!

supersplit

MoominDave said:
<penny dropping>

Supersplit -
I think I must have seen you quite close up before we went on stage on Sunday - you were on after us, and, if I'm right, you were talking with our Sop Alex backstage as we were registering?

Dave

That was me. We were talking about how tough the opening was for sop. All bitty and high with no real chance to get settled nicely. But being relatively new to sop at this level I guess most pieces are like that.

As for the Spring contest we have several bands that would more than hold there own against the competition there. Did you go to Yeovil this year. Isn't it a great contest? Not such a good result in the end for us though!

MoominDave

Yeah, Yeovil is good craic, although we never seem to quite do ourselves justice there. We were below you! But then our conductor did insist on featuring a Bass Trombone solo... :lol:

Dave