Leicester Contest

Accidental

Supporting Member
Is there any info about Leicester contest in Nov yet? I know the date and place, but that's about it. Either the association doesn't have a web site or I'm too blonde to find it....

Does anyone out there know how many bands are in each section (Open and 1-4 I think), who they are and who's in the box?

cheers :?

Baldeagle

We shall be there in the combined 4th & 3rd Section. Sorry Shaz! But it is our last time in that section (I hope!) :roll:

WhatSharp?

We'll be making the trip for this one, 2nd Section, looking forward to it since we have had a "lean" year for contests and haven't had one since the areas.

Is the rumours about no bar true?, if so wheres the nearest pub :D

Accidental

Supporting Member
Any more news yet?!
I'm sure there was a bar there last time I went, but it was a few years ago.

WhatSharp?

Having spoken to a couple of folks who did it last year (I think) there is No bar :dunno but hopefully there'll be a pub nearby.

Anyone else going?

Seedhouse

I'm going, i'm sure last year when I was there, there was a bar somewhere! :? Maybe it was a pub somewhere, but I definately remember drinking something alcoholic! :oops: :lol:

Di B

Last year there was no bar!!!!!! However, I believe this year it is a different venue to last year and there is a bar.... I could have heard wrong tho! :shock:

Roger Thorne

For your information:

Leicestershire Brass Band Association Annual Festival Contest
Guthlaxton College, Wigston, Leicester, LE18 2DS.

Sections 1-4 and open section for unregistered bands.
Own choice test piece.

Schedules from Pam Green, 01530 810221
email: gelizabethr@hotmail.com

:wink:

SammyT

Ah yes guthlaxton - I remember that place when I played in leicestershire school of music many moons ago!!

They have the facility to have a bar (no pumps though if I remember correctly) whether it is used or not is a different matter!!

By the way seedhouse last time I checked the legal age limit for drinking was 18 :wink: :wink: :lol: and if I remember corectly you were in my year 11 chemistry class last year!!!!

I on the other hand will be drinking :guiness :bounce

Seedhouse

SammyT said:
By the way seedhouse last time I checked the legal age limit for drinking was 18 and if I remember corectly you were in my year 11 chemistry class last year!!!!

I on the other hand will be drinking
:oops: Yeh, but if we do well (which I hope we will do!!!) someone will have to buy me a drink! :wink: :guiness

Baldeagle

Seedhouse said:
Oh, and does anyone know which bands have entered?
Alex
We are there in your section and are playing "?????"
(Reminder of tMP policy not to reveal Own Choice test-pieces - Mod)

WhatSharp?

We're in Second section, I believe that Regent Brass from London are in the Open section. Other than that, not a clue.

Di B

Re: Good good :p

Seedhouse said:
Good good :p

Are you playing there then??
Am now :wink:

Anyway, if you wanted to say hello to me you could have done when I came down to pick up the drum on Wednesday! I was the big blonde gobby one! :twisted: :twisted:

Should be there but not getting drunk :cry: I have a band practice that evening!

Seedhouse

I had to dash off though on Wednesday, although George jumped on me meaning that I stayed longer! :?
Hope to catch you at the contest then, are you playing for Matlock then?