Leicester Contest - Record Entry

Red Elvis

Happy with our 5th place in the Open section (if not slightly pleasantly surprised as coming off stage we were bit disappointed that perhaps we'd not given it our best shot) , and pleased for my chums at Aveley and Newham getting 2nd.

A good day - fair play to Lesley and her team there it's always a well organised event. The lateness of the finish (and the M1 being shut between 2 junctions) put the kibosh on my planned post-stage / pre-results session down the working men's club but will put that right next year :)

As ever , the associated extreme weather manifested itself as it always appears to do on this weekend - no snow or ice but plenty of water !!

Well done to all the bands in the prizes today. My band didn't play today so I was able to hear all the bands in both the 3rd and 2nd sections. I'm not sure whether my ears were playing up but in both cases my top two were not in the prizes and in the 2nd section in particular, you can't help wondering what he was listening to. Bilton were sheer quality with Shirebrook close behind and neither got a look in....oh well, that's contesting folks!
Well if you didn't get the top 2 in either section I would suggest on this occasion it must be your ears.

rutty

Carlton Brass also did Ad Undas and came a disappointing 14th. Thought we made some nice sounds but had too many little mistakes.

Enjoyed the contest though - very well run event and a nice venue :)

MoominDave

Someone posted feedback on brassbandresults for the first section that "one band played Titan's Progress". However, we now have a full list of testpieces for that section, and Titan's Progress is not one of them (it sounded pretty unlikely!). Did they perhaps mean that one band played Titan's Progress in the open section?

Open Section
First Section

casanova

A&N played Partita by sparke, Hebden played Prisms. I know there was another Paganini and i believe a Year of the Dragon too.

euph77

City of Bristol (GBBA and LBBA 2nd Section Champions!! :clap: ) played California Legend (Bruce Broughton)

Bradwell Silver came 4th in the 4th section playing Saint-Saens Variations.

Does anyone know when the Adjudicators score will be returned to the bands. They were not available yesterday when collecting comments.

Raunds played Saga of Haakon the Good in the First Section, coming 9th (chuffed with that ahead of our promotion from January) and then Vitae Aeternum in the Second where we came 8th (and last). Really disappointed with the second section result as we thought we played well but Mr. Baker didn't like it. Never mind, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

lbba

Full details of the RESULTS and pieces played for all sections of this contest are now available on www.lbba.org.uk

Many thanks to all the bands for their support for this contest. We hope to see you all next year!T

Thanks
LBBA

MoominDave

Just picking up the details from your press release that we were missing for brassbandresults - I think there must be a typo in the 4th section rundown - 10th place by a process of elimination must have been Market Rasen Resdev with 173 points? Rather than the duplicate of Moulton 77's 14th place as listed.

tubafran

Just picking up the details from your press release that we were missing for brassbandresults - I think there must be a typo in the 4th section rundown - 10th place by a process of elimination must have been Market Rasen Resdev with 173 points? Rather than the duplicate of Moulton 77's 14th place as listed.

I saw Market Rasen's remarks and you are correct 10th

euph77

Full details of the RESULTS and pieces played for all sections of this contest are now available on www.lbba.org.uk

Many thanks to all the bands for their support for this contest. We hope to see you all next year!T

Thanks
LBBA
Thank you very much for a great day! It was our first time at this contest and we were very impressed how your team managed the rehearsal venue and schedules and the contest itself. I hope we are able to come back next year to defend our title!

Philip

_si

It ran like clockwork, great venue and very well organised. Will definitely be back in the future x

jimmymac

Well if you didn't get the top 2 in either section I would suggest on this occasion it must be your ears.
I'm might be an ageing bass player but I wasn't alone in thinking this, so it was more than just my ears. I was disappointed as having heard every single band play there was definitely something curious about the results. Perhaps the fact that it was an own choice test piece was a factor in the placings. The bands who are promoted for 2013 didn't figure in the results at all but I could have picked them out blindfolded!