Kingdom Triumphant

Can anyone tell me who publishes this or can anyone lend me a set of parts and score so I can have a proper look at it before buying please.
Ta

flashbarry

Can anyone tell me who publishes this or can anyone lend me a set of parts and score so I can have a proper look at it before buying please.

Just Buy It, it is an excellent piece of music, you won't regret and neither will the band!

Cheers!!

Dave Payn

Brian Bowen said:
Ross Berry said:
Those who love this piece, myself included, might be puzzled by the 4BR review at the following link. The last para would indicate that the reviewer doesn't share our view.

http://www.4barsrest.com/reviews/concerts/con107.asp

[/url]
Well, what would you expect from someone who turned up at the wrong location to start with? :roll:

Well, I reckon said reviewer is in the minority. In any case the review looks like an adjudicator's crit at a contest, rather than a concert review!

Fabulous piece, Paul, please don't hesitate. As your principal cornet for another 5 months or so, I'd love to play it! Go on, you know you want to! ;-)

Dave Payn said:
Fabulous piece, Paul, please don't hesitate. As your principal cornet for another 5 months or so, I'd love to play it! Go on, you know you want to! ;-)

Anyone would think we don't actually speak at band! So general concensus seems to be to buy it then :D
PS Are you coming tonight?

Dave Payn

Paul McLaughlin said:
Dave Payn said:

Anyone would think we don't actually speak at band! So general concensus seems to be to buy it then :D
PS Are you coming tonight?

Speak? Who are you? Do I know you? ;-) :lol:

I shall be there, though not quite all there!

Anyone would think we don't actually speak at band! ;-) ;-) :lol:

Well Worth It

I made that comment as a former player.
Always tired out after KT as long as you put the effort in.
What magnificent writing though.
SA music at it's best if you........oh wait....you didn't ask me.

WorldofBrass.com

Nick Childs so enjoyed the piece at Nottingham that he told me he would include in some of Black Dykes Christmas programmes.

Thanks for the links to World of Brass again.
I'm typing this in an easyInternet cafe in Glasgow!

Railybobs

Ross Berry said:
Those who love this piece, myself included, might be puzzled by the 4BR review at the following link. The last para would indicate that the reviewer doesn't share our view.

http://www.4barsrest.com/reviews/concerts/con107.asp

[/uThe last item, massed, was the tone poem "The Kingdom Triumphant" by Eric Ball - a large religious romp. Big roll into a Romanesque fanfare right out of a big Jesus film epic, "The Robe/The Greatest Story Ever Told/Ben Hur" that style comes to mind - music by Dimitri Tiompkin. It's rather over dramatic here in auganum 4ths & 5ths. Euph's plainchant here with, "Israel/Rejoice Emanuel" shades of that Christmas tune. Great trom chords in 4ths "Israel/Emanuel" muted cornets are tight, but sounding tired. Trombones blurt again with a Tchiak-4 like fanfare. Nice gear shift via timp roll, basses now have the "Israel/Emanuel" motif and there are definite shades of Walton's Belshazzar's Feast in this (the quieter soprano-sung sections). We are now into the rolling hymn in band sections. The tutti hymn in harmony at ff is a great sound, a grand sound. But by now, the piece has gone a little too far not saying very much. A big blowout coda, sopranos finishing a good third higher than they should (I reckon) and hanging it on for good measure.

rl]

There really is no accounting for ignorance.

Why go to a Salvation Army Festival and spend the evening adjudicating it? They are in there for a differant reason and the splitometers of the brass band world really do need to start pulling their heads in ! ! !