Keeping Kitties Amused..?

flugelgal

The farmer is spraying the field next to my house and I've been advised to keep all "children and domestic animals" away from it for several days. Obviously I can't say "don't go in the field" to my 2 cats so I'm going to have to keep them indoors when they're used to going out pretty much whenever they want (most of the time... :? ).

Does anyone have any ideas for me to keep them amused while they can't go out?

Should I get a bunny costume and run around the house for them to chase? :shock:

Should I get kitty harnesses so that I can walk them in "non-sprayed" areas?

:?:

Di

Bit of cat nip, my cat used to love to roll in that, thought it was great.

Entertainmentwise, a couple of ping pong balls. They'll bat those round and chase em for ages. Then they'll be too tired to even think of going outside. :wink:

IckleSop

String!!! They love the stuff just make it dance, also make sure you dont over feed em just coz they happen to be there! i did that once, keep the active lots of fuss will me fine! box s too work

dazzyboy

Or even this!!! WARNING..DO NOT CLICK IF EITHER YOU, YOUR CATS OR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOUR ARE EPILEPTICS. COZ THIS ANIMATION CONTAINS STROBE EFFECTS!! unless of course you want to.

DublinBass

Supporting Member
One of the best kitty amusements is a laser pointer (you can use a flashlight if you don't have one, but it doesn't work quite as well).

Shine the beam on the floor and they'll chase it for hours. They'll even chase it up walls:)

Di

super_sop said:
Have a look through the BB house forum, we had a kitten in there for a while!

Yes craigy poo you did have a kitten in the house for a while. But did you not try to KILL her rather than ENTERTAIN her? :shock: :(

Jo Elson

You could leave your frozen joint of lamb for sunday tea to defrost on worktop an a cat somehow mysteriously get in during the night an eat it!-We don't even own a cat!

bigmamabadger

Pick a room in your house they really shouldn't go into, (baby's room, important computer room etc) leave the door open.
Keep yourself and them fit and amused by constantly chasing them out. It's the only room they'll want to be in.

Our cat used to like climbing in and out of large paper bags...
bmb
xx

bigmamabadger said:
Our cat used to like climbing in and out of large paper bags...xx

One of our used to be entertained for hours when we threw ping pong balls into the big paper bags that Ikea used to have. She would either follow it into the bag or wait for it to come out the other side.

We used to be in hysterics watching her. :lol:

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.