Just think, if they banned 12/8 time...

Keppler

Staff member
....with lots of triplets, thus increasing the inkload-per-page-of-sheet-music factor (IPPSM factor - was an old htv quiz show) and eventually causing the corruption of mankind to extreme-capitalism...

bigcol

No just use the confusing dotted-quaver semi quaver equals triplets notation which is used at the top of every Bernarts publication. ;)

GJG

bigcol said:
"when you walk, through a storm...." 12/8.

Ah!

Whilst I seem to recall a brass band arrangement of "You'll never walk alone" in 12/8 time, having recently endured a week playing in the Orchestra pit for a production of "Carousel", I can assure you that the original version is in 4/4 time!

Regards,

G.

andyp

GJG said:
bigcol said:
"when you walk, through a storm...." 12/8.

Ah!

Whilst I seem to recall a brass band arrangement of "You'll never walk alone" in 12/8 time, having recently endured a week playing in the Orchestra pit for a production of "Carousel", I can assure you that the original version is in 4/4 time!

Regards,

G.

Indeed there is a 12/8 version, and very cheesy it is too (and dirgey if too slow). It's arpeggios-r-us in the accompaniment, bit like a one-finger keyboard. Best to get Howard Snell's version (in 4/4 as it should be), harder but much better playing and listening!

Keppler

Staff member
"dum chh-chh-chh chhh chh chh, dum chh-chh-chh chh chh chh"

as cheese goes, not bad though. I quite like it ;)

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.