Just call me Mister!

Cornishwomble

Big day for me today. After 16 years I left the Royal Navy and so have come back into the real world!

Oh well suppose I'll have to work for a living now :shock:

2nd man down

Staff member
Congratulation or commiserations...which ever way you actually perceive it...at least we won't be spending our national defence budget on a soft southern shandy drinking tMP-ing whoopsy anymore!! :wink: :wink: (No offence Roy, you know you're always welcome up 'ere!)
Might give you a bit more time to hone those footy skills eh?? ("Sorry for hitting you with that ball missus...it was the bloke in the womble outfit!!") :roll:

Hope we see you again soon.

rutty

Nice one Roy - I'm sure you'll adapt well into long hair, scruffy clothes and no parades ;)

I left the RAF four years ago after 12 years service and I've not looked back. I had a fantastic time and visited some wonderful (and not so wonderful) places, as I'm sure you have too. Those civvies are a weird bunch but you get used to them eventually :)

Now, don't forget that no-one will want to see your golden rivet anymore. 8)

Cornishwomble

Hey I like to think that I introduced the "beautiful game" womble style to you Northern heathens :wink:

Anyway I'm sure with a bit of therapy that women will stop twitching every time she goes on the beach

PeterBale

Staff member
Chunky said:
Goodbye Sailor! Hello Mister! Good luck in civvie street
Better than "Hello, Sailor" I suppose :wink:

All the best Roy, and hope the adjustment goes smoothly :!:

Cornishwomble

No just plain mister, although I will be keeping my medals pinned to my chest and starting every sentence with "during the war" and "when I was in the South China Seas"!!!! :wink:

rutty

Well Worth It said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
As well as slipping in ol' Naval sayings into every future encounter, I hope!
He'll be turning into Uncle Albert from Only Fools and Horses :lol:

Welcome to the real world!

Did you manage to steal your fancy dress outfit... erm... uniform, or are the Chichester dames going to have to find themselves a new sailor? :D

ploughboy

Welcome Mister Roy, We were glad you sailed into the Emley port not so long back, Hope you paddle back this way soon! Thanks for your help on the floating? bandstand!!

Hope you get along ok as a Mister, I'm sure you will!