JOLLY NICE OF ME..........

Wed's nights are band rehearsal nights (as well as Monday) and this Wed's, I was told I had to work late and there was no way I could get out of it,

I realised I had the folder of music which I share with another band member, so I begged my superior at work to allow me to take the folder to the bandroom to make sure they were'nt struggling without the music!

This meant me driving to Emley, from Leeds and back (30 miles there and back) just to drop off the music folder and I had to dock the time from my timesheet,

How nice of me was that, I mean I could have just not bothered, but no, I guess I just care about my band too much! (Ha, ha!) :roll:
 

2nd man down

Moderator
Staff member
We were like a christmas tree without it's fairy...we did ok but it wasn't the finished article.

Long live sexy chicks that are willing to sit on my right hand side (left hand side too come to think of it!!). Oh I just play in the best position in the world...I'm surrounded by babes!!
 
2nd man down said:
We were like a christmas tree without it's fairy...we did ok but it wasn't the finished article.

Long live sexy chicks that are willing to sit on my right hand side (left hand side too come to think of it!!). Oh I just play in the best position in the world...I'm surrounded by babes!!
Bless you *MWA*
 

2nd man down

Moderator
Staff member
Oh I see!!...it's the noise you make!!!
I didn't get that! :oops:
Oh well in that case

Sher-WING!!!! :wink: :roll:
 

Liz Courts

Active Member
Keith's right hand man said:
This meant me driving to Emley, from Leeds and back (30 miles there and back) just to drop off the music folder and I had to dock the time from my timesheet
Well maybe (just in case this happens again in the future) you should join a band that lives just a few minutes down the road (or in my case, a few minutes driving around lots of little winding lane-type roads!) :roll: :wink: :lol:
 

2nd man down

Moderator
Staff member
x_lizc_x said:
Well maybe (just in case this happens again in the future) you should join a band that lives just a few minutes down the road (or in my case, a few minutes driving around lots of little winding lane-type roads!) :roll: :wink: :lol:
:shock: :shock: I beg your pardon young lady!! Wash your mouth out right now!!!
Keiths right hand man stays right where she is thank you very much!!! :evil: :wink: What would I call myself if i found myself on top spot again?? perish the thought!!
 

Liz Courts

Active Member
I have to admit that the commitment levels in your band do sound quite amazingly high - well done :D ...I don't know what I'd do if our principal cornet left :shock: - I don't like to think about it :lol: :lol:

Maybe moving house instead of moving bands would have been a better suggestion?!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

Okiedokie of Oz

Active Member
That sort of behaviour wasexpected in my old band........your instrument too, because Dennis may decide someone else is capable of a better job........I went from E flat bass, to baritone to euph to bass trom over the course of 18 months of people missing rehearsals......
 

ploughboy

Active Member
Remember it well, Just driving to Band (getting a lift really) we were just 5 mins early and we said was that KRHM as she went the other way!!

Got to band and "digger" filled me in, What a girl, What a star, What a player.

KRHM will be pleased to know it did get a couple of mentions at band!

Dedication at Emley always astounds me, most folk (not quite all but that;s always the case) are considerate helpful and driven towards making Emley Brass Band the most Relaxed, Fun, Muscically Outstanding band there is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (still need a drummer and BBb :wink: )
 

2nd man down

Moderator
Staff member
ploughboy said:
Dedication at Emley always astounds me, most folk (not quite all but that;s always the case) are considerate helpful and driven towards making Emley Brass Band the most Relaxed, Fun, Muscically Outstanding band there is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (still need a drummer and BBb :wink: )
...and to be musically outstanding actually. Ho hum. :roll:
 
Top