Jaffa Cakes

lynchie

Although not strictly a biscuit, and therefore the subject of much strenuous debate, is the Jaffa Cake the ultimate in snack foods? Today, whilst sat at Manchester Picadilly train station I made my way through 30 of said cakes, in a number of fascinating, and exciting ways... I have decided the ultimate way is to eat half way round the edge, then take off ALL the chocolate (yes, even the bit of the smashy orangey bit) then remove said smashy orangey bit, eat the base part and finish with pure, unadulterated smashy orangey bit. However, this can be quite difficult and frustrating, and therefore eating the smashy orangey bit with it's chocolate covering is a viable alternative.

Discuss

akwarose

I LOVE JAFFA CAKES!!!!!!!!!

i dont think i could eat 30 in a short space of time unless forced though...
the best way to eat it..... bite all the way rounf the edge til only the smushy orange bit is left on a cakey base bit. then take the orange bit off and eat the cakey base bit. then eat smushy orage but complete with chocolate covering.... mmmm...............

dammit lynchie you're making me hungry!!!

flugelgal

Jaffa Cakes are indeed very very good.

However, this evening I have mostly been eating Chocolate Ginger biscuits (an entire packet, would you believe??? :oops: )

flugelgal

It's a concentrated orange jelly made from real oranges. I made it once - was wonderful.. sickly, but wonderful.

akwarose

hmmm... i always did wonder how they make that!!!
but then i realise i dont care coz it tastes good!!!
i am really hungry, but theres nothing to eat in this house :(

lynchie

hmmm... if only i could cook... maybe i could persuade my mum to make me a giant jaffa cake... it's my half-birthday in a couple of months... that'll do as an excuse!

flugelgal

I have some black pudding and haggis slices which I bought tonight - I could make them for you if you like Sam :twisted:

akwarose

:shock: umm. no thanks kirsty.
as..... er... lovely as they sound, i wouldnt want to deprive you.
and anyway, i just lost my appetite............................

flugelgal

Oh ok - all the more for me then :wink:

I also have another packet of chocolate ginger biccies... not sure that they'll last the weekend, although I bought them to give to a colleague on Monday. :?

flugelgal

*runs around checking all the doors and windows are locked*

They're mine, I tell you, MINE!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dave Euph

I love Jaffa Cakes, but I usually plump for the cheaper, home-brand orange cakes. Mainly because I'm poor and they usually taste nicer :lol:

johnmartin

Yes, one must give the jaffa cake its' place as the crown prince of snacks. However the true King of snacks has to be the Tunnocks teacake. Similar to the jaffa cake but with the orange bit replaced with lovely white fluffy mousse. They can be consumed in a similar way as well i.e take off all the chocolate then attack the white bit before finally consuming the biscuit base.

Jaffa cakes (or jaff jaffs as they have been lovingly nick-named by me and my friends) have to be the ultimate in snack fooding!! We eat them all the time especially on music outings or in practices! (although note to self- do NOT attempt to play with said snack still in mouth- it's not pretty a month later when bathing the instrument :cry: )
Has anyone ever played the game how many jaff jaffs can you fit in your mouth without chewing? Awesome! 8)

Oh and teacakes are also very scrummy! :D

lynchie

Dawnys_flug said:
Jaffa cakes (or jaff jaffs as they have been lovingly nick-named by me and my friends) have to be the ultimate in snack fooding!! We eat them all the time especially on music outings or in practices! (although note to self- do NOT attempt to play with said snack still in mouth- it's not pretty a month later when bathing the instrument :cry: )
Has anyone ever played the game how many jaff jaffs can you fit in your mouth without chewing? Awesome! 8)

Oh and teacakes are also very scrummy! :D

not sure about the renaming... and for someone from bakewell to not mention those wonderful little cherry cake things seems a bit odd... however i am intriqued by the how many in a mouth at once game, and may well be trying that tonight!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh my God stop it....................

It's not fair you're all teasing me.................

Noooooo I can't stand it any longer...............

:cry: We can't buy Jaffa Cakes over here, sniff sniff, :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry: