Jackfield Band, Midlands, Championship Section, Vacancies

Cookie

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details see recent posts

Are you a Skilled Conductor and Band Trainer?

Would you relish the opportunity to take a newly promoted Championship Section Band and develop it into a top prize winning team?

Then Jackfield Elcock Reisen Band has the post for you. Our existing Musical Director Chris Lewis, after several years of truly brilliant service, has decided to hang up his baton in favour of a seat on our Cornet Section. (See http://www.jackfieldband.org.uk for full story).

This Telford-based band is looking for a skilled Musical Director to help us consolidate our position in the Championship Section.

If you would be interested in taking up this challenge and joining our friendly outgoing team, please contact Tony Hartley on 01952 222516 or email us at md@jackfieldband.org.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Soprano or Principal cornet in the west midlands!

Jackfield Elcock Reisen Band are looking for either a principal cornet or a soprano player. Not both but one or the other, as moves can be made within the band!!
Our principal cornet of 2 years has just begun conducting The City of Birmingham Band and cannot unfortunately committ to both.
We are a very friendly and hardworking band and need you to fill the spot! Reasonable travelling expenses considered.
Please Email me on <email address> or pm me!

James Pearson

Come you know you want to...

Check us out on www.jackfieldband.org.uk

Boneman

I can certainly vouch that Jackfield are a very friendly band!

Apparently they have the best looking trombone section going - Allegedy.

Fancy a change after the area? Jackfield needs a cornet!

Fancy a change after the area? We at Jackfield Band are looking for a front or a back row player to complete our full compliment of players. (including 3 percussionists!)
Fancy joining a hard working and hard playing band? (in the social sense that is!)

Please feel free to PM me, or call me on <phone number>.

James Pearson
Jackfield Elcock Reisen Band

Roger Thorne

Re: Fancy a change after the area? Jackfield needs a cornet!

jimmythesaint said:
(including 3 percussionists!)
Who may soon have their own set of tubular bells! :lol:

I spent ten years with this band and I can honestly say they're a great bunch of people and a cracking band.

See you all at the Areas.

:wink:

In the W.Mids or Shrops, fancy a change?!! Cornet and horn!

Jackfield Elcock Reisen Band are looking for one or two cornets. Following a strong performance at this years areas (4th!) We are looking for one or two cornet players to complete an already strong line up. It can be front row, back row or sop, as we have the means and ability to move people about.

Please note: any other players are always more than welcome to come down and meet us, we can always shuffle and change!

We have a busy concert and contest schedule and are a motivated and a very social band.

We already have people travel from the West Midlands, so travel share is a strong possibility, along with any reasonable request for travel expenses.

Please contact James Pearson <phone number>

Horn player needed 15 mins from the M6 junc 10.

Horn player needed for a successful and very friendly 1st section band in the West Midlands. It is for either Solo, 1st or 2nd as we have the flexibility and quality to move for the right person.
Please contact me in confidence via EMail. Pm or mobile. <phone number>.
Regards
James Pearson
Jackfield Elcock Reisen Band

Smid

Players returning to Shropshire, Staffordshire, Wolverhampton or Surrounding Areas

If your a player who is looking at making your home in Shropshire or the surrounding area in the coming months because of work or end of Uni studies and are looking for a new band then why not consider Jackfield Band.

We currently have vacancies on our cornet section and due to possible work commitments other seats within the band.

So if you'd like to join a friendly committed band who are being promoted to the Midlands Championship section in 2006 and who want to stay there then drop us a line. We have a mixture of good concerts and contest including Pontins lined up as well as a programme of top conductors to rehearse the band.

For more details visit our website www.jackfieldband.org.uk or email us at bumsonseats@jackfieldband.org.uk

Smid

Midland Band with Vacancies

Jackfield (Elcock Reisen) Band has the following vacancies: -

· Soprano
· Repiano
· Front Row Cornet
· Eb/Bb Bass

Our contesting plans for this year include Wychavon under the baton of Di Maplestone and Pontins under the direction of John Maines. Within this we have a number of concerts too which are always performed at the highest level.

We have a good band attendance for rehearsals that allows for interesting and driving rehearsals under resident conductor Chris Lewis.

As well as the vacancies above we are always welcome of any player wishing to join and have a versatile group of players who are always willing to help fit new players in so that other seats can be filled. So don’t be put off if the thought of joining us interests you.

We are based in Telford and have easy access to the M6.

Should you be interested and would like to discuss in confidence the possibility of joining this friendly hardworking band either PM myself or contact via email jackfieldband@btintenet.com.

Visit our website - www.jackfieldband.org.uk

Smid

New Students to Harper Adams Shropshire

If your a brass player whose coming to Harper Adams and looking for a band close to you why not come down for a blow at Jackfield Band

To find out more about the band visit our website www.jackfieldband.org.uk or PM or phone me on 01952 592836

Darrin

Smid

Telford / Shropshire / Wolverhampton Area

Looking for a Band to do some serious contesting and concerts and your new to the Telford / Shropshire / Wolverhampton area because of University or job relocation then Jackfield (Elcock Reisen) Band Room door is open to you.

We have a number of contests and concerts including Pontins, Butlins and the all-important regional planned over the next 6 months.

We are currently looking for a horn player, front / rep player / Sop and a bass player either E or Bb to strengthen our already strong lines under the intuitive lead of John Maines.

We enjoy both the playing and social aspect of banding and look forward to hearing from anyone of a similar mind.

Please phone on 01952 592836 or email me on jackfieldband@btinternet.com or just PM for further information.

Look forward to hearing from you

Darrin Smith
Secretary

Boneman

Principal Cornet Required - Midlands 1st Section

Due to the departure of our Principal Cornet to University (Best of luck Jo - aka Wanny)
Jackfield Elcock Reisen Band (1st Section) is now recruiting for a Principal Cornet.

We are a friendly and highly motivated band based in Ironbridge in Telford (West Midlands) – this is about 10mins from the M54, and easily commutable from all directions (we have players coming from both the Welsh border’s and Birmingham Area). We have been 1st / Champ section band since 1991.

We rehearse on a Tuesday and Thursday evening from 7:30 – 9:30 each week and do around 4-5 contests each year – this normally includes the Midlands Area, Butlins, Pontins and this year the 1st section National Finals. We do around 20/25 concerts per year varying from large high profile jobs to smaller concerts supporting local events.

If you would like to apply for this position then you can PM me, email me (simon.holland@applabs.com), or call me (07875 158 989).

Our current conducting team is Chris Lewis as resident (and stand in principal cornet!) and John Maines as our Professional. To find out more about the band visit our website at
www.jackfieldband.org.uk

Many thanks,

Simon.

Smid

Jackfield (Elcock Reisen), Midlands, First Section, Flugel Vacancy

Jackfield Band have a vacancy for a first class flugel player.

We rehearse Tuesdays & Thursdays 7:30 – 9:30

We have a busy concert and contest schedule including Butlins in the New Year and also have John Maines as our professional Conductor

We are easily accessible from the M54 and have members who live outside of the Telford area.

Any interested parties should contact Darrin Smith by email at jackfieldband@btinternet.com or on 01952 592836

Smid

Vacancy Filled

We are happy to announce that Gayle Bussey has filled the position of Principle Cornet.

All future vacancies will be placed under the Jackfield (Elcock Reisen), Midlands, First Section, ?????? Vacancy thread

Many thanks

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines, PB, Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

Smid

Solo Cornet Vacancy

Jackfield (Elcock Reisen) Band currently has a vacancy for a Solo Cornet player to complete our front row.

Having gained promotion to the Championship section in 2009 and having both Pontins and a n other contest before the end of this year the band are a hardworking and friendly band that mix both the need for continued development with a fun atmosphere.

We have a long relationship with John Maines who regularly rehearses the band and enjoy a varied engagement programme throughout the year.

We currently rehearse Tuesday’s and Thursdays 7:30 – 9:30 and are within easy reach of the M54.

So perhaps you’re a cornet player already in the Midlands or a player that will be moving to the area soon because of work or University and looking for a fresh challenge or new band.

Then please get in touch at jackfieldband@btinternet.com

Many thanks

Darrin Smith

Also visit our website to find out more www.jackfieldband.org.uk

Smid

Vacancy for Kit/Tuned Percussion Player

We have a vacancy for an experienced kit/tuned percussion player.

Our current musical director Simon Platford is introducing a new programme of music with many pieces having a heavy reliance on percussion.

We have a full band complement and are looking forward to a varied year of concerts and contests with a trip to Switzerland in 2010.

We are easily accessible from Birmingham, Wolverhampton & North Wales with good transport links.

More details of the band can be found at www.jackfieldband.org.uk

If you are interested or would like to know more please contact me in confidence either by phone 07807236859 email jackfieldband@btinternet.com or PM me.

Many thanks

Darrin Smith