It's germ time again!

Is it just me or is ther an epidemic of flue (if you're male) and colds (if you're female) doing the rounds? It started at Wem approximately 2 weeks ago at Wem and since then they've been dropping like flies - sufferers are even permitted to miss rehearsals for fear of infecting others. I have noticed though how it always seems to strike in Wem prior to a contest or big concert.

BTW - Naturally being female I've only had a cold. :wink:

tewkeshorn

Account Suspended
Well I havent got the flu yet, although I wonder what the chances are of it spreading to the 40 odd bands at Wychavon tomorrow if Wem all has it!

stephen2001

Well, it's fresher's week at Uni, and I alrady know plenty of people with the "Fresher's Flu"!
I just keeping myself dosed up with plenty of Vitamin C and hoping for the best!!

Pythagoras

I missed a rehearsal on Tuesday because I had a bad cold (not flu) and was accused of going to the football!

Roger Thorne

Another two members of Wem are down with the lergie tonight! That's about ten in total.
Keep your distance tomorrow, unless you want a few days off work!!

A-A-A-A-Cheeeeeeeeeew!

:wink:

PeterBale

Staff member
On the Horn said:
Hmmm...I didnt tke the flu jab - but I like the flu. Gets me outa work.
Several years back, I was the only one at work who didn't have a flu jab, and I was also the only one not to go down with it that winter! Most of the time, when people say they've got flu it is only a heavy cold anyway, as others have said elsewhere.

faerie

stephen2001 said:
Well, it's fresher's week at Uni, and I alrady know plenty of people with the "Fresher's Flu"!
I just keeping myself dosed up with plenty of Vitamin C and hoping for the best!!
I've got that! along with all my Halls.
Fun aint it. :S

I've just been to Germany with my band, and I've been off work with Bronchitis and I'm taking anti biotics. Maybe touring is bad for you :wink: lol

Jim B Ransome Band

I bet none of you are suffering as much as I am!
I have got:
Blocked runny nose
Blocked ears
Little/no Voice
Very sore throat
Swollen windpipe
Very dry inside of mouth that just will not absorb moisture
Problems breathing because of the previous 3
Headaches
Temperatures
Bad cough
And to top it all off, because of all the water I am drinking in a vain attempt to try and get my throat wet I have to go to the bog once every ten minutes!

And I am a woman! If I was a man I would be dead by now!
I await your sympathy...

I bang AND Blow! said:
I bet none of you are suffering as much as I am!
I have got:
Blocked runny nose
Blocked ears
Little/no Voice
Very sore throat
Swollen windpipe
Very dry inside of mouth that just will not absorb moisture
Problems breathing because of the previous 3
Headaches
Temperatures
Bad cough
And to top it all off, because of all the water I am drinking in a vain attempt to try and get my throat wet I have to go to the bog once every ten minutes!

And I am a woman! If I was a man I would be dead by now!
I await your sympathy...
How many heads do you have?

Sorry couldn't help that one - I find beer a cure for most illness!