It's anagram time again....

DublinBass

Supporting Member
I thought an anagram had to be the exact same forwards as backwards.

For instance, if I had a daughter I would name her -

Kareh Anna Herak (after my mother Karen and my wifes mother Anne)

Lothianh

BBCbariUSA said:
I thought an anagram had to be the exact same forwards as backwards.

For instance, if I had a daughter I would name her -

Kareh Anna Herak (after my mother Karen and my wifes mother Anne)

You're thinking of a palindrome, like "A man, a plan, a canal, Panama". Or, as John Cleese said in the Dead Parrot sketch, "The palindrome of Bolton would be 'Notlob'."

Great idea for the name!! I would seriously use that if/when the opportunity presented itself! Sadly, Hamilton doesn't work as well as Herak for palindromic names. I guess I'll have to go some other route... :)

-Lothian

Dave Payn

Re: Anagrams

Spanky Rear said:
Dave, You're good at anagrams are'nt you?

"SPANKY REAR" ???...

Nothing that can improve on 'spanky rear'! ;-)

Rank payers
Pranky a*se

Lots of words but not much cop!

;-)

Anagrams

Thank goodness it wasn't crude.........
You can see the difficulties caused by the cyrillic alphabet e.g.
MRSH from sMeRSH[and we know what that organisation is involved in!]
Eva Pandy anagram of Dave Payn[ Eva is notorious Hungarian spy- hence eulogy about MRSH ?].
etc.......................
SPANKY

Dave Payn

Re: Anagrams

Spanky Rear said:
Thank goodness it wasn't crude.........
You can see the difficulties caused by the cyrillic alphabet e.g.
MRSH from sMeRSH[and we know what that organisation is involved in!]
Eva Pandy anagram of Dave Payn[ Eva is notorious Hungarian spy- hence eulogy about MRSH ?].
etc.......................
SPANKY

Spanky

I would appreciate it if you would cease from making any further 'cryptic' references linking MRSH and myself, please; certainly if the 'link' is anything to do with bands that we have both being associated with. It is not necessary and frankly, it is making both of us feel rather uncomfortable, whether intended or not. MRSH has moved on, as have I, and would appreciate others who profess to know something about Croydon's past and present to do similarly.

Apologies to other tMP users and moderators for jumping in with what is obviously a subject known by only a small percentage of the users, but in this case, I feel it has to be done.

Regards

dyl

As Dave has kindly requested, can we please stop these 'cryptic' messages, and move on. tMP is a vibrant, friendly community, and if people have any issues regarding matters such as this, can we suggest you take them up with the people concerned and not publically on a forum such as tMP? Any further, similar, comments on this subject will be removed on sight.

Now, to get back on topic, any more anagrams Dave? ;)