Is tMP Addictive??

Is tMP addictive?

• Total voters

Dan

Lothianh said:
How is that pronounced? Is it "tee-em-pea-erholic", or is it "temp-erholic"??? :wink: :D

:D

There was a bit of a debate recently on how people say tMPer. Personally I am a tee-em-pea-er and maybe even a tee-em-pea-erholic as well! I think some people where saying tMPer as thumper or something similiar

Be strong guys - I too was once addicted (average 16 posts a day at one point!). My secret has been to avoid the crowd in random & off topic who drag you into daily banter and association threads. Get yourself over to the rehearsal room and you'll soon be OK. :D

dyl

Is tMP addictive? Let me think.....it's 5.10am and I've logged in before I go and pick up the bus to go down to Swansea (5 HOUR JOURNEY BTW - TO GET TO OUR AREAS??????!!!!!! Somebody's having a laugh somewhere!), I guess that means I'm addicted then! ;)

At least it's 80 less posts to catch up on when I'm back on Sunday night!

cornetgirl

Tell you how addictive this forum is - just been doing revision notes on the temporomandibular joint or TMJ (the jaw joint for normail folks!) and instead of TMJ I kept writing tMP!!!! Mustn't do that in the exam!

Rach x

Di

Is it addictive?

The kids either end up not getting their tea till very late, or its stuck to the bottom of the pan! :oops: You just sneak on for "a quick look" and before you know it, hours have passed. :?

PS. Is there a forum for tMP spouses? (or should that be spoose, or spice? :roll: ) :lol:

Dave Payn

I've decided that whilst tMP is great, maybe it isn't so addictive. I've spent the last week away from work with a bout of food poisonong. ('Is the bottom falling out of your world? Then come and eat at the PRS canteen and reverse that feeling.....') and though I guess I looked somewhat glazed and distant when I turned up to Stevenage yesterday, perhaps through withdrawal symptoms (nah, couldn't have been. Our band didn't withdraw!! Ho ho ho!;-) or the fact that 10 minutes in Stevenage is enough to make anybody look disorientated and glazed, I've survived nearly a week without tMP and don't.....feel...... the need to ....................AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH! Nurse!!!!!! I've succumbed again!!!!!!!!! Nurse!!!!!!

2nd man down

Staff member
Nah, addictive my armpit!! I'm only on 7.71 posts per day he he...he he...he he...it's just a good buzz, i can handle it..

bruceg

At an average of 5.24 posts per day I could hardly be considered an addict. Oh, time for a fag and a pint - be right back. Doh!!!

Di

YES :-? Thats why im stood in an internet phone booth in leeds while vickitorious is rehearsing for the finals !!:shock: :D

jpbray

Yes!! playing the tune thread helps lift gloom when it rears its ugly head. Other thing you have to be careful of is posting threads that are a bit to cheesy.

Lil Miss

is Tmp addictive??? Hehe course it is. U make lots of friend in different countries and get to chat about music, what more can u want???:D :D :D :D

Raspberry

tMP is addictive - I always have a look most days just to catch up on the latest news, gossip, discussion and its good to relax to aswell!

Lynichie - you'll be glad to know that I've combatted my addiction! Ha!

I was once addicted but can safely say that I'm a recovering addict. Just pop in approx once per month but to be honest I find that if you're not an addict and not here frequently then it's very difficult to get involved, you miss what has been said before and often repeat things.