is this flugal range unusual ?

Paige

i thought cornet and flugel ranges were suppose to be similar?! (may be wrong) i know i can get to top D on flugel and top E if im on a really good day :shock: lol and about the same on cornet slightly higher on trumpet its easier. :)

Aidan

bladder said:
If you're doing it properly it doesn't matter what m/piece you use.
agreed..
im sure roddy would back me up that you should be able to get the same range on any mouthpiece you use (as long as its not a sop mouthpiece in a tuba etc..) The mouthpiece just changes the tone colour, although some mouthpieces would make it difficult for endurance in certain ranges

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
I suppose it is quite unusual for a Brass band Flugel player, but that is not to say it's wrong. Provided he's making a reasonable sound on whatever mouthpiece he plays on all power to him I say.

Whilst I agree with Nadia and Bladder (great name for a double act! :lol: ) I found my range on Flugel improved when I changed mouthpieces - perhaps more psycological than anything else :dunno

skweeky

i agree with Aidan. The mouthpiece (to me personally) only changes the tone... your range is just down to your embochure and diaphragm (i think)

skweeky

CaharleyFarley said:
skweeky said:
Trumpet players however dont seem to mind about how good or bad they sound.

You obviously havn't been listening to decent trumpet players.....

Just because i said they dont "mind what they sound like" because it doesnt really matter. That doesnt mean that some of themdont sound great :D

Product tMP members are discussing