IMPORTANT: Please read - tMP Server Move

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Hi All

Most of you will be aware that membership of tMP has grown phenomenally during these last few months, together with an exponential rise in the number of daily threads and postings made on the fourms. This is indeed great news... well, it's fantastic news really - and I am delighted to continue to provide this service to you all. My sincere thanks go out to all of you for your continued help and support - you know that tMP would not be where it is today if it were not for your valued and enthusiastic contributions. I am honestly very, very grateful to you all. :tup

However, given these incredible rising numbers, together with some account limitations with our present web hosting service provider, it is now an appropriate time for tMP to move to a more permanent and long-term home...:)

This coming weekend - from Friday 21st May through to Sunday 23rd May - I will be on tenderhooks and will be working from dawn till dusk each day when tMP will be changing our webhosting company, and will therefore be moving our servers. This is a massive task and I can assure you that I will be working tirelessly to ensure there will be minimal disruption to tMP during this time. However, please do note that transferring domains from one webhosting company to another is totally out of my control, and can actually take up to 48-72 hours to complete, sometimes sooner sometimes longer.

To minimise the disruption to your tMP service, please make note of the following information:

Between the dates of Monday 24th May through to Friday 28th May, tMP will be fully available only on the .co.uk domain... i.e. www.themouthpiece.com . The domain www.themouthpiece.com WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE DURING THIS TIME. Therefore please can you update your bookmarks accordingly for this short time period.

I have already transfered www.themouthpiece.com to our new webhost, which I will activate once we have completed the huge server move on the weekend, completing it on Sunday evening. I will then request transfer of the .com domain, which will then be unavailable whist this domain transfer takes place.

If this well planned process works, you should only experience an hour or so downtime of tMP late on Sunday evening when I activate the www.themouthpiece.com domain. I will be posting regular pop-ups during the next few days to remind everyone of this.

Subject to the domain name transferring correctly, regular service and a much improved tMP on www.themouthpiece.com hosted on our new servers will resume the following weekend - earlier if the domain transfer completes sooner.

Please believe me everyone when I say to you - I am really on tenderhooks doing this, and I promise faithfully to put 100% effort in to the transfer. As ever, if you have any queries, questions or requests otherwise - please do feel free to contact me via PM or email - note different temporary addy - john@themouthpiece.com - and I will strive to answer your concerns. I am also happy to talk to anyone who might want this explained in more detail. PM me and I can arrange a call.

Please also note that should you wish to contact any of the moderators via e-mail during this time, you will need to use their .co.uk e-mail address and not their .com e-mail address.

Wish me luck... :?

Kind regards

John

Nuke

Good Luck with transfering servers. Itll all go smoothly im sure and your just worrying for no reason. :lol: :wink:

The Cornet King

All the best for the transfer John.

Everyone is very grateful for all the time you have and will continue to put into the running of tMP.

You've done a sterling job so far. :D Superbly run site. :tup

Hope everything goes smoothly.

:wink:

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Well Worth It said:
NO Mouthpiece for 72hrs???

Arrgghhhh!!!

Hope everything goes well, John

No No No - thats not correct Well Worth it... Whilst the tMP domain dot com is being moved, tMP WILL be available on the dot co dot uk domain. I have tried very hard to minimise the downtime to what could only be just 1 hour on Sunday evening.

For a huge server move such as this - that would be quite an achievement.

:)

dyl

Well Worth It said:
NO Mouthpiece for 72hrs???

Arrgghhhh!!!

Hope everything goes well, John
Don't worry mate! If you read John's announcement closely - we will only be without tMP for an hour or so on Sunday evening!

tMP will be available on the .co.uk domain throughout the week until the .com domain is activated.

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Just to clarify what Dyl says:

tMP will be available all weekend on the .com domain, then available on the .co.uk domain from Sunday evening through to the Friday evening (and beyond if the transfer takes that long)

As soon as the .com domain transfer is completed I will reactivate it. This could take anytime from 1 day through to 7 days.

Seedhouse

Good luck with it :wink:
Will there be a new look at all?
Can we have a go at Spot the difference if there is? :D

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Seedhouse said:
Good luck with it :wink:
Will there be a new look at all?
Can we have a go at Spot the difference if there is? :D

RE: the server move - nope, there will be no new look associated with our move to a new server...;)

markyboy

Like everyone else has said, best of luck and thanks for all your hard work.
I only hope that any juicy gossip or major announcements re tMP'ers wont go 'un-posted' when we are back live again.
The expression 'A week is long time in politics is along time, but 72 hours in Banding is a damn site longer' springs to mind !!

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
super_sop said:
o k dud, im sure all will go well (as long as you stay off that wine :wink: :lol: )

Hehe, wine - I luv it Craig...:)

Markyboy: We will only be offline for around an hour or so on Sunday evening. Then tMP will be available on the .co.uk domain for the rest of the week whilst the .com domain is transfered to our new webhost.

So... 72 hours offline... never...:):) just 1... :lol:

Moy

Don't think you need luck Roger.
You are an expert and it will be fine I am sure.
Just please be as quick as you can :wink: