important parliamentry debate

which is best

• Total voters

uncle eric

friends

me and ada had a real set to over tea and party rings this morning, don't worry friends-we've been having them since we started stepping out! i asked her what piece is the most evocative of our splendid parliament buildings. i say it's quite clearly westminster waltz, that lovely lilting tune that goes da de da, de da, de da, de dum, de doo, doooo, doooo. i'm sure you're all familiar with it. lovely-and that bell bit as well.

anyway, ada-and she was quite strong about it, maintains its parliament rock, that super pop piece by roy newsome. well, i told her! yes, it's an underplayed masterpiece, and one in a long line of newsome brilliance, but better than westminster waltz? no no no no no

am i right friends? both are brilliant, but which in your opinion is better? or is there another constitutional classic that deserves mention?

regards

uncle eric

PeterBale

Staff member
What about the theme from Magnum (Carta), or Blenheim Flourishes, in honour of that nice Mr Churchill :?:

Or even "A Time for Peace (in our time)" :wink:

PeterBale

Staff member
We mustn't forget that rude Mr Gilbert, who wrote about that bloke Stefan becoming a member of parliament, and then there was that sentry singing about them leaving their brain and cerebellum outside, and voting as their leaders tell 'em to :wink: :lol: :lol: