I Believe

Jack E

Bill: "I believe we measure in Fahrenheit here, and I don't know how that would compare."

Rough and ready conversion for the sort of average temperatures most of us experience, Bill (but probably not for those who live in Minnesota or Death Valley!);

Fahrenheit to Centigrade; subtract 30, then halve the result;
Centigrade to Fahrenheit; double it, then add 30.

It won't be dead accurate, but pretty close! ;)

Best regards,
Jack

Jack E

I believe if the docs don't get my lungs working properly soon, I'm going to switch to percussion . . . :mad: . . . I could regard playing ffff on timps as downright therapeutic!!

Jack E

I believe they well might not, Wife Divine - but you know what Mrs Longfellow's little lad Henry said:

"Into each life, some rain must fall . . . "

. . . and some people are fated to get theirs delivered in bulk . . .

upload_2017-4-14_3-17-35.png

:cool:

With best regards,
Jack

mojo

I believe life is for living take chances dance in the rain say what you have to say take no prisoners but be sympathetic love life !! What do you think guys ???

Jack E

I believe the medics may have cracked it with sorting out my lung problem. Started on a new inhaler on Thursday evening; started playing baritone again this evening (first time I've been able to do that for five weeks!), and played for best part of an hour with no breathing problems at all! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Just flaky sight-reading, wavery pitch, lip muscles lost tone . . . :rolleyes: . . . only to be expected, though! Not to worry -
I'm BACK!!

Jack E

I believe my optimism may have been a bit premature; found as soon as I tried reaching the higher notes, I missed - and below the stave notes came out as a breathy rasp. But . . . see below!

Jack E

I believe switching (if only temporarily) to a tenor horn may help with my breathing problems. The MD kindly sorted out one of the band's instruments for me, and I tried it this afternoon. Felt weird to start with - like blowing into a pea-shooter! - and the sound I got was pretty dire, but after an hour's practise, I was getting some really clear notes!

It's by John Packer; I don't know which model, but I DO like the sound :) and I'm VERY relieved that what I dreaded most (having to quit altogether) now seems improbable. Whew!

Jack E

I believe that is great news jack E keep going !!
Thank you, Mojo - I'll let you know how things develop.

Isn't it funny the way that, after going through a tough time (in my case, the last two years), once one thing takes a turn for the better, other things start to follow suit? Like when you're really skint, bills just keep piling in on you - yet when you get yourself back on an even keel, more money starts to arrive? The last couple of months have been a bit dire, with various bills arriving in convoys - but after watching my spending like a hawk, I've got them all paid and got a bit in reserve.

After two years of problems with heart and lungs, I feel I'm making real progress at last - and then . . .

I recently had to phone my insurance company; first day I tried, I was on hold for half an hour - then the call centre closed for the day. Next day, I was on hold for even longer - then the call centre closed for the day . . . it was the third day before I finally made contact.

Today, I got two cheques from said company, for £25 each, by way of apology!

I believe my life might just be taking a turn for the better . . . touch wood . . . fingers crossed . . .
;)

With best regards,
Jack

Last edited:

mojo

I believe that is so good Jack is like your life is turning a corner for the better in both health and wealth as my mum used to say the good times don't last forever but neither do the bad onward and upward Jack better times are coming and well deserved they are and yes weekend again Nuke have a good one

Jack E

I believe in the Loch Ness monster.

But does the Loch Ness Monster believe in you? When interviewed for BBC Scotland, Nessie replied:

"Weel, noo; Ah've heeard o' folk who say they're met ithers who claim to hae seen Wife Divine; an' Ah've seen scrappy wee photos that folk swear they didna Photoshop; an' Ah've seen posts wi' the lassie's name on them - but Ah'm nae so sure, ma self, ye ken?"
;)

I believe it's time I was in bed!
:)