How much and in what do you blow your brass?

How far does your brass activity spread?

• Brass bands and wind bands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brass/wind/ens/orch/big bands

• Mixtures (or any single one) of the above

• Total voters

Dave Payn

This is purely out of curiosity. Just want to know ('coz I'm a nosy bugger!) from the brass players we have here, what activities you get up to with your instrument? Do you just play in brass bands alone or do you play in wind bands/brass ensembles/orchestras etc.

leisa

i play inj two brass band and principle trumpet (but on cornet) in an orchestra and hav just been asked to join a jazz band on trumpet (actual trumpet though not cornet) :)

Duplicate post deleted! Dyl.

Dave Payn

leisa said:
i play inj two brass band and principle trumpet (but on cornet) in an orchestra and hav just been asked to join a jazz band on trumpet (actual trumpet though not cornet) :)

Good luck with the Jazz band, Leisa! (assuming you're joining?)

leisa

Dave Payn said:
leisa said:

Good luck with the Jazz band, Leisa! (assuming you're joining?)

i am!! but i need a trumpet case cos my trumpet has no case :cry: i can see me carryin it to rehearsal on its own hey....i could even start playin on the bus!!! hehe i am joinin but i might wait till next week to go to a rehearsal.

cornetshell

I have a triple trumpet gig bag- [that i now rarely use!] was quite attatched to it- as i used to play in an orchestra and big band on trumpet- so i could fit my cornet and trumpet- 4 mutes- instrument stand [for those 100's of bars rest- to practice maths of course!!] music stand, music, arban......the lot- but its too big for me now being only a cornet player- although it was quite funky b4!

dunno if i'd sell it- but its really worth looking on Ebay for a cheap gig bag! really did help when i was at school and college, saved sooooo many hands when i had various bands that day!
xx
:lol: :) :lol:

I think i voted without due care and attention- im not a brass player, sorry. I still play in lots of ensembles though!

Vickitorious

I just play for two brass bands - NYBBGB and Hathern. I sometimes help out other bands such as my brothers if they need me. I used to play for the school orchestra, but I couldn't stand it, it was so boring so I quit! :D

lynchie

honestly i will play for anyone!

at the moment I play for 2 bands, a quintet and a possibly defunct jazz trio (due to the fact that the total distance between the 3 of us is about 2000 miles!). Used to play in an orchestra but when I moved to Manchester it turned out the Halle wouldn't take me... :roll:

Seedhouse

I play for a wind band, a brass band, and occasionaly in brass ensembles.
I think the more you play, the more great opportunities are open to you- but it does make me very busy near Christmas!!! :?

geordiecolin

Currently I am only in 2 musical organisations;

Barnsley Building Society Band
and
Sheffield University Wind Orchestra.

I have also been known to play in Big Bands (on trumpet and bass), Small trad jazz ensembles (on bass) and occassionally Orchestras (on bass) and other Wind Orchestras (on trumpet and bass).

I believe that along with timbloke and several Stocksbridge players, I am apparently a member of a 10-piece band called Corinthian Brass, but seeing as we've never had a rehearsal or performed to anyone, i assume it's defunct before it's started!!

Steve

I play whatever, whenever I can. Done brass bands, wind bands, orchestras, big bands, quart/quint/dectets, trombone choirs, even did a gig with 'The Stranglers' where i did some numbers with just an acoustic guitar. Theres no better way to get fresh ideas that to play / listen to new things as often as possible.

Leyland band, National Youth Orch, BrassnEck quintet, RNCM Junior school Brass ensemble (currently 4tpts, 1 trom and a tuba), junior school Jazz ensemble (workin on HArry James Trumpet Concerto where i get to play Bass trom, should be interesting :? )