How many marches did you manage during Whit Friday 2004?

yr_epa

We managed to do 10 marches on Tameside before moving on to Delph, but we were down as band number 74 in Delph (i think! so we didn't bother there!). As this was my first year in the Whit Friday marches I was wondering how many marches other bands were able to do? Could you have done anymore? Where was the biggest wait?

Darth_Tuba

We managed 10 in Tameside plus Dobcross in Saddleworth, so 11 in total. Could have done the lot in Tameside I think if we hadn't gone up to Dob X, as that was by far the longest wait (was about 2 hours between getting on the bus at the contest before and getting on the buss after DobX). Was worth doing though to stop and have a hotdog and a rest!

davidsait

We did 6 in Saddleworth, at a fairly relaxed pace, and were the last band on at Delph.

The biggest wait for us is usually at Uppermill (we've done the same route for the past 3 years now), but this year it was at Dobcross.

SBB

Silk Brass did 10, should of really done 14 though, seeing as we got £25 for being the 1st band on at Hattersley at 4:00!!! Just got lagged up at a couple of contest, like many other people I suppose!

:lol: :lol:

Rainford did 6, and we were the 2nd to last band on at Dobcross, dobcross was our longest wait, as we had to wait over an hour to play. everywhere else was quick, like 15 - 30 mins. Delph was quite fast compared to recent years.

We did 6. Could of done more if we hadn't got lost on Saddleworth moor for around 40 mins! Good job we had plenty of supplies on the bus!! :D :wink:

stotty74

We managed 13 - 12 in Tameside and 1 in Saddleworth. The longest we had to wait was 3 bands. Most of them were straight off the bus and playing. Tired but great night :D

markyboy

Pennine managed 8, it was pretty busy early on. (This was in Saddleworth).

Hats off to BT managing 14!
We managed 11 last year in Tameside. It could be said that the Tameside venues are not quite as glamorous as the Saddleworth ones (no offence) but at the end of the day its about winning prizes and the more you do the more chance you have!

Ali

We got around ten over all. Our longest waits were at Dobcross and Lydgate. After that it was pretty plain sailing for us.

Blagger

We only got 4 in :?
Big hold up a Grotton and were quite late starting
Good night though .......finished at Denshaw :guiness :wink:

Owen

I was helping Skelmanthorpe and we got round 10 in Tameside, and as some have said, we got straight off the bus and played at about half of those. Longest wait was Stalybridge where we had to wait for 3 bands.

Had a great evening - thanks to Skelmanthorpe for the invite to help out!

Pythagoras

6 all in Saddleworth. Biggest hold up was our euph player leaving his glasses at Friezland and not realising till Scouthead. Is Tameside a lot quicker, as the bands that played there seem to have done more.