• 11 - 15 years

Votes: 29 7.6%
  • 16 - 20 years

Votes: 27 7.1%
  • 20 + years

Votes: 45 11.8%

• Total voters

LeDragon

I've only been with BT 2 years. The longest i've been with a band was 11 years - with my home town band, Royal Buckley.

TuTuKu

All my playing life... about 9-10 years. Wouldn't swap em for the world.. great bunch of people!

mikelyons

Supporting Member
I joined the band about 7 or 8 years ago, I think. James Parkinson was in Y8, (I think) and he's 20 now (I never thought he'd make it to adulthood :) )

I was in Eagley from age 13(?) to about 30, when I moved to Wigan. Like a bad infection, once you've got me I'm hard to get rid of ;)

brasscrest

Started in the National Capital Band in 1976, at age 13. Took a few years leave of absence in the early 90s, but even without counting that time I'll be starting my 21st season next week.

Started in the Prince George's Corps Band in 1974, and have been in continuously since (bandmaster since February 1999).

dyl

I'm a one band man me! Been with Deiniolen since I was 10 which makes it 21 years! :shock:

flugelgal

I've only moved band when I've moved away - first band was about 6 years then I moved a few hundred miles away and joined another one for 11 years or so then I moved another couple of hundred miles and joined another one... where I am very happy :D (especially now I'm on flugel there as I hadn't really played anything else before except to help out bands at a gig).

Andy_Euph

I started playing halfway through 1999, joined my first band Five Rivers in September 1999 and stayed with them till august 2001 until I joined my current band Ellington just been there for 3 years now :D

Naomi McFadyen

Was in Saltash 18 months; Plymouth 12 months and Leyland 19 months... short spells in each but gained a lot of experience and had a great time a long the way... :)

Big Twigge

Wem have been host to me for all of my playing life (getting on for 12/13 years!).....
They are responsible for how I turned out, both as a player......and not (I blame you all)!!

fitzy

I have been with Hawthorn since October in 1997. So that makes............................. Nearly 7 years!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Only recently moved bands, been in Newmarket for about 3 weeks now? I was in my previous band for about 6 years though, that is where my playing career started! Moved up the cornet ranks thoughout the years, eventially making it to assistant principle. Now enjoying rep cornet, I love it!

Matt

Ive been with my band about 5 yrs - started on 3rd cornet and worked my way up. Before that I played for Trinity Girls for about 10 months in '98/'99 and Pemberton Youth Band for about 12 years - we have an ongoing joke that the reason there are still people in the band over the age of 18 is coz we can't leave til we're good enough!

Scary, I didn't know I was so old!! I'm not turning 20 next year Im gonna turn twenteen.

Okiedokie of Oz

I joined Gladstone Junior band in May 1993 as a 2nd baritone player. In September 1994 I became principal EEb bass for the senior band. I left the band in 1999 when I moved to Rockhampton for uni. While away I played with Capricornia Silver for 3 years, and came back to Gladstone as a guest player on occassion.

In 2002, when Gladstone hosted the State contest, I came back as a permit player, but donned my old uniform to make the host band look impressive. I also found myself having to move home that year when Mum fell sick, and made the change permanately, much to the dismay of my A grade conductor. I've gone from Bass trom, to BBb to EEb to Soprano Cornet (OUCH!!!) and finally conductor.