How far do you travel?

bassinthebathroom

WEEKDAYS
Leave home in Salford at 5pm, and walk to Salford Crescent Station (20mins). Catch 1726 to Buxton - Arrive Stockport at about 1800. Wait for Gareth to turn up (usually about 15 mins late!), and then go in car to Hull (1hr 45mins normally). Out and in. Rehearse 8-10pm. Arrive home about 11.45. 6hrs 45mins point to point.
SUNDAYS
Since they cancelled the Buxton train on a Sunday(!) I have to walk to Victoria Station from Salford (leave about 4pm). 20 mins to there, and get the Metro to Piccadilly. Arrive Piccadilly at about 4.50pm, then get train to Stockport, arriving at about 5.15pm. Wait for Gareth (late), and leave at 5.30 for Hull. Arrive in time for band at 7.15pm. Arrive home about 11pm. 7hrs from beginning to end.
Approx. 210 miles round trip, as and when! Thank god I don't have to drive!

bruceg

I used to have about a 50 mile round trip twice a week including some pickups but now it's down to about 12 miles (same band, different house).

Frenchie

32 miles round trip (about 40 minutes each way but I allow an hour to make allowances for stray sheep, tractors, slow lorries etc). The next nearest band would require an overnight stay across the water.
And occasional 900 mile round trips to Croydon (and sometimes Fulham!).
Frenchie

Dave Payn

Frenchie said:
etc). The next nearest band would require an overnight stay across the water.

What, on a boat or without? Or submerged underneath it? Do they supply water wings with that? Have you been getting strange ideas from that bloke in the January caption competition? I think we should be told.

;-)

Banana

Takes me about 10 minutes by car. Used to be a 5 minute walk away, which was lovely, but the band moved location, which was great for the band, but a bit inconvenient for me - I've got a bit of a thing about not using the car too much (no I'm not mean, I worry about the environment!)

becky shud i remind u that it used 2 b about a mile or 2 2 go 2 huddz band 4 u, coz u came from the uni, lol, it was 30 miles round trip 4 me, now its about a mile there and a mile back 4 me with hebden bridge band, and thats only coz we rehearse at mytholmroyd at the mo and not hb, grrrr, if we rehearsed in hb, it cud b as much as a mile round trip 4 me, lol

Moy

Dave1 said:
about 85 miles round trip from Perth to Glenrothes. time depends on traffic, weather and police cars !!

But surely a law abiding person like you would never speed. :wink:

bassinthebathroom said:
WEEKDAYS
Leave home in Salford at 5pm, and walk to Salford Crescent Station (20mins). Catch 1726 to Buxton - Arrive Stockport at about 1800. Wait for Gareth to turn up (usually about 15 mins late!), and then go in car to Hull (1hr 45mins normally). Out and in. Rehearse 8-10pm. Arrive home about 11.45. 6hrs 45mins point to point.
SUNDAYS
Since they cancelled the Buxton train on a Sunday(!) I have to walk to Victoria Station from Salford (leave about 4pm). 20 mins to there, and get the Metro to Piccadilly. Arrive Piccadilly at about 4.50pm, then get train to Stockport, arriving at about 5.15pm. Wait for Gareth (late), and leave at 5.30 for Hull. Arrive in time for band at 7.15pm. Arrive home about 11pm. 7hrs from beginning to end.
Approx. 210 miles round trip, as and when! Thank god I don't have to drive!

You do know that there is a train from salford crescent that will take u 2 victoria or it mite even b better getting a bus into picadilly????? wot u doin walkin it??! You really do need to learn to drive! IT'S GREAT!

bassinthebathroom

I bang AND Blow! said:
You do know that there is a train from salford crescent that will take u 2 victoria or it mite even b better getting a bus into picadilly????? wot u doin walkin it??! You really do need to learn to drive! IT'S GREAT!

I did try it the other week, but it's actually quicker to walk to Victoria than go to the Cresecent and wait for a train. Plus the fresh (?!) air does me good! :D

timjones

Distance to Band

It takes me about 20 mins on the Tube to Regent Hall
And about 5 mins in the Car from home to Chelmsford

However!
There was a guy in the SA German Staff Band who used to fly from Stockholm to Berlin every week to attend practice!
He was either very dedicated or very sad!

Jeff Lewis

Just joined Leyland, who rehearse in Billinge near Wigan - 52 miles each way from home in Hadfield.
Last Tuesday I managed the journey from band to The Bull in Old Glossop in 49 minutes, just in time for Maestro Cutt to make last orders !! :lol: