How far do you travel?

PeterBale

Staff member
I live about 7 miles from Hadleigh, but it is somewhat confusing as I am usually going to practice straight from work (in London).

With the wind ensemble we meet three times a year, the venues having been as far afield as Pentre, Plymouth and Nuneaton. A couple of the wind ensemble players travel down from Scotland each time, so they have quite a trek.

(Topic moved into Rehearsal Room - Mod)

manx_yessir

Approximately an 80 mile round trip for me and the missus. It takes us about 45 mins to an hour to get there (Littleborough from Leeds), but it takes significantly longer to get back home......something to do with the pub up the road from the bandroom perhaps! :lol: :wink: :guiness

lynchie

flixtons about a 10 mile round trip but when i go down to yb2k its about 250 miles round trip, which is why i dont do it as often as they'd like!

Must be about a 20 mile rount trip to my band (twice a week), and an 80 mile round trip to my wife's band, also twice a week (different nights!)

My poor wee car!

A musician's work is never done: well worth it though.

Jimbaritone said:
yorkie19 said:
Just under 200 mile round trip for me.

Sam

So what's your excuse for being late then Sam, I thought you had a fair bit of travelling to band.

What about when you are working in Exeter, that must be at least 270 miles to Newark, so I'll let you off if your late coming from there.

Jim B

Straightmute

A ten minute walk. Next year I'll be able to walk to the Lower Section Finals in five minutes which will make a nice change after Torquay. Such a pity we're in the championship section...

D

deave

For the first 6 months i was at sellers i travelled 180 miles round trip, i'm now about 180 steps away from the bandoil! sweet

Deave BMus *pending*

hornette

Everybody else seems to be traveling pretty far to get to their band! Mine takes about 10 mintues, by car... not that I can drive... YET!

Mwahahaa, just wait 'til I'm on the road! :twisted:

jimothy

It's a mile and three quarters from home to band room. That's 3080 yards or, if you prefer, 110880 inches. If you want to know how far that is in metric, you work it out!

Darth_Tuba

Not sure how many miles round trip mine is, but I'd guess on about 70ish. It's all motorway near enough, so I get there in about 40 mins and back in about 2 hours via the Holts Arms :lol:

markyboy

I live the closest to the bandroom out of all the members of Pennine, which is about two miles away.
I used to travel 32 miles down to Marple though, so I haven't always had it easy.

Bassbones

I travel 115miles round trip bit of a culture shock band I just left was only 2miles from home.
Daz Samuel Yorkshire Co-op :shock: