How do you rehearse for the Europeans?

BFN

Just wondering how you go about rehearsing for a two-tiered contest such as the Norwegian Nationals, or indeed the Europeans.

Do you split the individulal reherasals, do one on Tuesdays and t'other on Fridays, or what? Just curious!

DublinBass

Supporting Member
When our band rehearses for the NABBA competition we usually spend the first hour of the rehearsal on our chosen piece(s) and the second hour on the test piece.

To upload an avatar, select "profile" from the top menu, then scroll dow nto the upload avatar section. the trick is you have to have the picture somewhere on your ocmputer and it has to be 115 x 115 pixels or smaller (I believe).

BFN

BBCbariUSA said:
To upload an avatar, select "profile" from the top menu, then scroll dow nto the upload avatar section. the trick is you have to have the picture somewhere on your ocmputer and it has to be 115 x 115 pixels or smaller (I believe).

Cheers for that - though i should perhaps have been less vague about my Avatar trouble. Thing is, I know how to upload one, just not how reduce any of my suitable pictures! Anyway, I've PMed a guy fom my band and he's on the case!

From what i can gather from a friend within the band, YBS didn't pull out music of the spheres until about 10-14 days before the event. Although the week before the contest they rehearsed virtually every night, and whilst they weren't on stage they were rehearsing virtualy solidly over the weekend. I heard at least one rehearsal went on into the wee hours! Thank God it paid off!

Aidan

haha maybe a bit exaggerated, we had the parts but didnt rehearse it until about 5 days before we left.
I think band would have been slightly *beeped* off if we had been rehearsing into the small hours!!!! We had a rehearsal for the own choice after we came off-stage from the test piece.. and a gala concert rehearsal after we came off-stage from the own choice.

timps

I think that proves what I said earlier and my post about ARE YBS THE BEST BAND EVER?!?!?!

To start a piece 5 days before a major contest is some going and just goes to show what sort of players they have round the stand!!

When I used to play in Flowers, we used to reherse the same piece for a major contest for at least 4 weeks!!! Then we still didn't get it right!!!!

Lee Downie
Ex-Percussionist Flowers Band