• Going OK, should do the piece justice on the day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mmm, worried!

• MUM!!!!!!!!!

• Total voters

flugelgal

We have unfortunately had to cancel a couple of rehearsals recently due to the snow, but we still appear to be on track. Looking forward to giving it our best shot!

Good luck everyone!

Kirsty

Steve

Ours are going really really well, even played Kaleidescope out a couple of times for good measure. Its the first contest I have done with my new band and the attitude of every single player is excellent, every single one of them knows we will do really well but no-one is taking it for granted. The rehearsals are still a good laugh as well!!!! I cant wait for the contest :D

Valvecap

Really enjoyin playing tristan (yes you did read that correctly) - looking forward to getting on the stage at darlington (well - really looking forward to competing against the rest of the top section - the thought of 'the barn' might be a step too far) ;-)

Edit: Duplicate posts deleted (RT)

Dave Payn

homocidalbennyboy said:
Woah! You really must be looking forward to it --- you posted it 4 times! :D

What about yours, Bennyboy? How's Kaleidoscope going? Or do I get to hear for myself tomorrow? ;-) ;-)

Accidental

Supporting Member
I thought ours was going pretty well until last night - first full bass section since christmas, and I was so put off I played like a monkey all night :( . God help me when we've got a bum on every seat....... :lol: :lol:

lynchie

We're doing really well (in my entirely unqualified opinion anyway!) and I can't wait to see where we get predicted by 4bars! Now that we've got a full band of committed players working together everythings going swimmingly!

sharpnote

Valvecap said:
Really enjoyin playing tristan (yes you did read that correctly) -

You're not the only one!! Its well good fun to play!!

Can't wait till Sunday to finally stop playing it though!! lol :lol:

satchmo shaz

was goin great until, some players fell ill! :cry: , they should be better soon though :wink:

I'm going to be busy on Sunday.......conducting Long Eaton in the third section, then playing with Thoresby in the top section!!
glad I booked monday off work!! :guiness

I've been to one rehearsal.

Two cornet players turned up, one left after an hour.

Full horn +1 section though! :D

Luckily I know Coventry Variations from the workshop RWCMD band did, but I don't know the solo horn part too well, it's all very high!

stevetrom

2 rehersals to go

rumour has it that we will see ALL of the percuission section by friday !

All the usual pre-contest happenings - conductor has fractured his spine, flugel players dad has died, 2nd cornet has had food poisoning, etc. etc

Steve

We had a full perc section for the first time the other day and boy does that make Kaleidescope more fun!! A little bemused after a previous thread though, the piece was writetn bearing in mind that lower section bands may be short on players yet it needs 3 perc players!!!!! odd (But not a criticism)

WhatSharp?

Dave Payn said:
homocidalbennyboy said:
Woah! You really must be looking forward to it --- you posted it 4 times! :D

What about yours, Bennyboy? How's Kaleidoscope going? Or do I get to hear for myself tomorrow? ;-) ;-)

We're not doing too shabbily, had an all day reheasal saturday before last and that went very well. Might even have a full percussion section on Friday!. Generally things have been giong fairly well attendance wise, could do with a couple of FULL rehearsals, but hey thats banding! :D

eckyboy

Not tempting fate but Tristan is going well and hope we can pull it off on the day-sounds great when we have a full band but lacking when we dont-serious rehearsals start this weekend so with some heavy practice we might click-feel a stomach problem coming on :lol:
Good luck to all the bands

Chunky

Had our best rehearsal for a couple of weeks last night, things finally seemed to click :lol: Two weeks of rehearsals left, and now looking forward to it.

Dave Payn

Accidental said:
I thought ours was going pretty well until last night - first full bass section since christmas, and I was so put off I played like a monkey all night :( . God help me when we've got a bum on every seat....... :lol: :lol:

That's gonna be one huge bum, then..... ;-)