Hove Contest

Accidental

Supporting Member
Didn't you read the first few posts on this thread Ben? If you don't watch it people will start calling you Pike..... :wink:

We'll definitely be there at the same time for this one Ben, WS etc - helping out some mates in the 1st section so competing against you! Hopefully we'll actually get there early enough to see some bods from other sections too, it'll be good to catch up with some old faces.

Accidental

Supporting Member
No, I really can't! :lol:
I don't think you could borrow me anyway (stoopid rules!), so glad to see you've got it sorted!

I can't believe there's only 3 bands with tMPers going.... or is it just that noone else is reading this thread?

MRSH

Supporting Member
Accidental said:
I can't believe there's only 3 bands with tMPers going.... or is it just that noone else is reading this thread?
What band are you playing for then Alex?

Me and Aardvark (my wife) are day transferring to Becontree for the day. They're entering the 2nd and 1st section.

PeterBale

Staff member
MRSH said:
Accidental said:

Me and Aardvark (my wife) are day transferring to Becontree for the day. They're entering the 2nd and 1st section.

And I presume shommusic/barry toan will also be there with Becontree Brass.

Accidental

Supporting Member
MRSH said:
Did I forget that bit? :oops:
We're playing for Horsham - as our current and last bands only use national reg, Horsham kept our SCABA registrations. Seems like a bit of a weird loophole but Ivy & co are ok with it, so we help out when we can. (I think they'd be able to day transfer as anyway as they're only 1 section lower)

MRSH

Supporting Member
PeterBale said:
And I presume shommusic/barry toan will also be there with Becontree Brass.
I would assume so - although I've not actually played for them before so I'm not too sure of names at the moment.

Accidental said:
We're playing for Horsham - as our current and last bands only use national reg, Horsham kept our SCABA registrations. Seems like a bit of a weird loophole but Ivy & co are ok with it, so we help out when we can. (I think they'd be able to day transfer as anyway as they're only 1 section lower)
Yea, that is right. Although I'm in a strange position. Becontree contest on National Registration and nationally I'm registered with Clacton who are (now) 1st Section. Although with SCABA Clacton are still Championship Section. Bit of an odd one that, but I am assuming Becontree have OK'd it with Ivy and Ron. We'll see.

Dave Payn

WhatSharp? said:
Fag-Burn and Beer stain :)

It's a turqiose & black jacket with the usual black trousers, white shirt, and YWD tie.

Talking of ties.... Off topic (sorry), local lad in Birmingham goes to his work office dressed in a rather loud ensemble of mainly yellow and orange. One of his colleagues pipes up: 'All you need now is a kipper tie', to which the chap replies: 'Yes ploise, milk and two shuggas'

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.