horn trio's

does any one know how i can get hold of "we've only just begun" Tenor horn trio as its not published anymore.?

does anyone know of any other good horn trios?

apart from hatrick (which is sort of difficult)

flashbarry

Or you could try Sleeper's Wake (Bach) arr. me, which features the flugel and 3 horns and has been recorded by the Ransome Band and is published by Wright and Round.

Roy Newsome also did a nice trio called Hatrick some years ago and is published by Studio Music (I think).

HBB

super_horn said:
does any one know how i can get hold of "we've only just begun" Tenor horn trio as its not published anymore.?

does anyone know of any other good horn trios?

apart from hatrick (which is sort of difficult)

AHhh! OK, I get you now! :oops: I was refering to his second statement :p

Anglo Music Press

homicidalbennyboy said:
Anglo Music Press said:
homicidalbennyboy said:
Serenade for Horns is good.

Yes, it certainly is!! But Karen Carpenter never sang it, unfortunately!

:?: Sorry Philip, you've lost me there :roll: :(

Dear Bennyboy,

I'll try capitals :D

KAREN CARPENTER SANG 'WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN' BUT SHE DIDN'T SING 'SERENADE FOR HORNS'. (If she had, I'd be REALLY rich!)

(PS I think she had one of the all-time great female voices)

HBB

Anglo Music Press said:
homicidalbennyboy said:
Anglo Music Press said:
homicidalbennyboy said:
Serenade for Horns is good.

Yes, it certainly is!! But Karen Carpenter never sang it, unfortunately!

:?: Sorry Philip, you've lost me there :roll: :(

Dear Bennyboy,

I'll try capitals :D

KAREN CARPENTER SANG 'WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN' BUT SHE DIDN'T SING 'SERENADE FOR HORNS'. (If she had, I'd be REALLY rich!)

Thank you Philip - I now feel small :(

flugelgal

Anglo Music Press said:

You have to remember that the Carpenters were WELL before that young lad's time :wink:

PS I agree - she had a beautiful voice.. bit like a flugel methinks :D

HBB

flugelgal said:
Anglo Music Press said:

You have to remember that the Carpenters were WELL before that young lad's time :wink:

PS I agree - she had a beautiful voice.. bit like a flugel methinks :D

But right at yours :p

PeterBale

Staff member
There's a good horn trio by Norman Bearcroft entitled "On the sunny side" - lively but not too difficult, as far as I remember. Recorded live at the Royal Albert Hall in 1979 it is also on the Household Troops' Bearcroft cd "Troops Salute".

Cantonian

PeterBale said:
There's a good horn trio by Norman Bearcroft entitled "On the sunny side" - lively but not too difficult, as far as I remember. Recorded live at the Royal Albert Hall in 1979 it is also on the Household Troops' Bearcroft cd "Troops Salute".

Having played this, I can say that it is not too difficult technically although typically for NB's music the top part is screaming on high D's a few times and the solo cornets have several lip trills in accompaniment. I also don't think that it is published anywhere (over to you Mr Woodman!).

Sonor

For those of you horny-types out there looking for a horn trio and something a little different my brother, Iain Rayner, arranged a horn trio called "Swings and Roundabouts". A good little crowd pleaser (but don't tell him I said that!!!!).

Contact me for details.

P.S. Karen Carpenter did not sing it, although it would have been interesting had she done so!!!!!!!!!