Holme Valley Brass Band Contest - 21st May 2006

euphybeast said:
How many points did you get for the hymn?

Didn't hear it, but heard that it was good.
My programme says we got 187 - sorry I didn't get anybody else's so I can't comment on paddo's remarks.

ComputerBloke said:
My programme says we got 187 - sorry I didn't get anybody else's so I can't comment on paddo's remarks.
Sorry to disappoint paddo, but we weren't second in the hymn, and got 185, so he can't be right about the 5 points clear.

paddo

don't know mate, only going by what we where told on the way back to the car! as I said "so I believe" well done to all any way!!

critic

hOLME VALLEY CONTEST

wELL DONE TO ALL THE BANDS.Surely some one as the full results of the A section.
Just to stop the confusion

dyl

critic said:
wELL DONE TO ALL THE BANDS.Surely some one as the full results of the A section.
Just to stop the confusion
No Constructive Retrospective From You This Time Then?

Do we have a list of the full results yet?
Have tried contacting people from other bands and they haven't got back to me yet to let me know.
Just interested as I managed to get down to the contest quite late on, it was great to see some old friends again. Heard Marsden played well. Congrats to my old band Skelmanthorpe on their placing as well!

Charmian. x

Tiffers

Results from Holme Valley Brass Band Contest

Hi,

Sorry for the delay with these, been laid in a dark room recovering for the last two days!!

Section A
HYMN
1 Innovate Skelmanthorpe 187
2 Lindley 186
3 Marsden 185
4 Holme Silver 183
5 Hade Edge 181

Testpiece
1 Marsden 184
2 Innovate Skelmanthorpe 183
3 Holme Silver 182
4 Hade Edge 181
5 Lindley 180

Best Euphonium award Skelmanthorpe

Section B
Hymn
1 Meltham 185
2 Elland Silver 184
3 Boarshurst 183
4 Slaithwaite 179
5 Huddersfield Brass 177

Testpiece
1 Elland Silver 185
2 Meltham 184
3 Boarshurst 182
4 Slaithwaite 178
5 Huddersfield Brass 176

Best Euphonium Player Meltham
Best Trombone section Boarshurst

SECTION C
Hymn
1 Uppermill 178
2 Linthwaite 176
3 Dobcross Youth 174
4 Emley 171
5 Skelmanthorpe B 170
6 Trimdon 169
7 Honking Hedgers 168

Testpiece
1 Uppermill 178
2 Dobcross Youth 175
3 Linthwaite 174
4 Skelmanthorpe B 171
5 Emley 170
6 Trimdon 168
7 Honking Hedgers 167

Best Euphonium Player Dobcross Youth

Best Bass Section of the day Marsden
Best Cornet Player of the day Lindley

Many thanks to all of the competing bands and spectators alike for making it a very enjoyable day. From our perspective we feel it was one of the best contest days we have had for quite some time.

Just a pity about having to cancel the march at the end of the day, it would have rounded off a really good day. Let's hope my weather forecasting skills improve by next year!

Many thanks,

Ian

2nd man down

Staff member
We certainly had a good day despite our disappointing result. More work needed and a better showing next time hopefully.

Well done to all the winners on the day, and Excellent for the movement to see bands like the Honking Hedges competing!! Brilliant. :clap:

geordiecolin

Probably Trimdon Concert Brass from County Durham?? Certainly a long way from home over 'olmfirth way.

But then again, compared to our local contesting scene in the North East, the Holme Valley Contest seems to be full of life and in good health. Perhaps they fancied a change?!

FYI Trimdon Concert Brass