hints and tips?

lynchie

i think I have 3, but one doesn't really count as it's a "squeeze out that top G before I pass out" embouchure... I try not to change too much, since mr remington said it were bad, but come on, who's going to notice eh??

TIMBONE

A 'high note embouchre' is not 'another' embouchre, although slight adjustment will help if one is playing a high note section, ie where the music asks for notes above top C/D. It is where the bottom lip almost goes inwards, and the top lip is tightened to allow a rapid buzz - HOWEVER -not a pursing of the lips, there must still be good lip flexibility, and a full sound.

That's my explanation anyway.

The 'high note embouchre' king has to be Maynard Ferguson. Having said that, have you ever heard his gravelly tone in the bottom register!!!

ted

I find that to be true as well. I miss practising for a day and the next time i play the sound is better than usual.

Ted

satchmo shaz

.......just repeating what the others have said really....
practice every day
warm up properly
lots of lip slurs, try Charles Collins lip flexibilities :wink:

just to add advice to anyone wanting to know the answer other than me,.
my MD says to buzz a lot and always warm up.. which i always try to do but sometimes forget. After a more concerted effort of trying it a couple of times seems to be working.
So to add to the list of:
1/practice, practice, practice,
2/Practice
3/embochure
4/ Buzz!
5/ always warm up
6/ lip slurs
7/ practice
8/ magice kingdom - golden mouthpiece - cant forget that one (anyone got a map)
9/ practice
10/ miss a day before concert to relax
and finally not to forget more practice!

excellent.
thank you!! (sorry if i missed any!)