Hi

dcm6000

I've had an account on here for years but don't think I've ever posted, so here goes...

My real name is David Morris. I've been involved with bands around Sheffield for over 30 years as a cornet player (including many years at Chapeltown).

I'm now back with my roots at Woodhouse Prize Band as MD now although still play at Oughtibridge. I've got a 12 year old son who's technically now a better euphonium player than I ever was or will be as a cornet player (which won't be a surprise to anyone who's ever sat next to or in front of me!!)

For what it's worth, I was in the audience for *that* performance at Bolsover...

John Brooks

Now you have two posts! Good to hear from you and welcome. I sense your pride in your son. That's awesome.

I've had an account on here for years but don't think I've ever posted, so here goes...

My real name is David Morris. I've been involved with bands around Sheffield for over 30 years as a cornet player (including many years at Chapeltown).

I'm now back with my roots at Woodhouse Prize Band as MD now although still play at Oughtibridge. I've got a 12 year old son who's technically now a better euphonium player than I ever was or will be as a cornet player (which won't be a surprise to anyone who's ever sat next to or in front of me!!)

For what it's worth, I was in the audience for *that* performance at Bolsover...
Ay up Dave ... I think I know you! :)
How's the conducting going?

dcm6000

Ay up Dave ... I think I know you! :)
How's the conducting going?

Hi Ian - nice to hear from you. I'm pleased the business seems to be going ok?

The conducting's going pretty well... they've not thrown me out yet. We could do with a few more players but what band couldn't these days?

rutty

'ow do! I'm guessing you're the same David Morris I'm following on Twitter (other social networks are available)?

Welcome to tMP :)