Hi all cornish bandeeeeeys

Kayleigh

Hi! Im Cornish and live in Cornwall but ive never heard of Brege band?! Is it me bein blonde or... how long you been together? recently?

Breage band (not Brege!) are based at Breage which is about 5 miles West of Helston, on the Helston to Penzance road (A394). I believe that they are a non contesting band but play regularly around that area.

Ginge

I do believe they do contest occaisionally. I think i am right in saying they have been to a couple of local contests quite reasontly (last couple of years).
I haven't been in touch with Willoughby (MD) for a while. How is he? Hope he's keeping well.

Naomi McFadyen

Hey Adam!
Yes I remember you... how could I forget!

Thanks for the comment!... Best bit of the contest for me that was conducting the bit that I did... :lol: Steve Sykes told me never to conduct the band when he's there ever again, lol... :lol:

Ginge

He's only jelous!!! You should take up conducting, you look right in that position. Or are you concentrating more on composition/playing?
Are you doing a composition course at uni?

(hmm... sorry for drifting off the topic)

Naomi McFadyen

lol, yea, he said he was impressed... had quite a chat really...

Yea, a lot of people in the band were saying after that I looked good in that position... and yes, I'd like to be a conductor, very much so... I'm keeping up composing and playing in bands; not interested in Solo performance anymore... I play in so many bands in and out of uni nowadays the change will do me good conducting... I love it...

The course I'm doing at uni is a general Music course, with added options in banding... It's great!

Ginge

Well, good luck for the future! Hope you get on well at uni.
Could see you at the RAH one day conducting the winning band! he he :lol:

Naomi McFadyen

Aye, ok then, I'll come over...
We certainly have a lot of catching up to do, especially with the drinks!!! A floor will be needed I think to sleep on so I dont have to travel back to Devon straight away!
Will organise that with you on msn...

:D