Help!

super_sop

Supporting Member
Ok now ive got your attention :lol:

I seem to have somthing i think i can honestly say i havent had for years......................NO not brains, cold sores..... a bottom lip full of em!

are there any miracle cures around these days, or is it still a case of burst em and aply aftershave!!

please help as we have a busy period coming up with band, and at the moment i can hardly touch a mouthpiece :cry:
 

Roger Thorne

Active Member
Go to the Chemist in the morning and ask for a SNOWFIRE TABLET. Its a little pot of green gel. Rub that into your lips for a few hours and it'll clear up everything. It's a bit pricey, but well worth it.

And if you don't believe me, I'll bring you some on Friday.

:wink:
 

leisa

Active Member
awwwwwwww poor craig its too much cold on weekend!! ive never had them b4 just rest ur lips for a couple of days and get sum of that squeezy stuff that tastes nice!!!
 

HBB

Active Member
Roger Thorne said:
Go to the Chemist in the morning and ask for a SNOWFIRE TABLET. Its a little pot of green gel. Rub that into your lips for a few hours and it'll clear up everything. It's a bit pricey, but well worth it.

And if you don't believe me, I'll bring you some on Friday.

:wink:
:? I've never heard of that before, and i've been working in a chemist for almost 3 months now! :?

I'll ask the pharmacist! :D
 

Trom41821

Member
Get some Blisteze (or it's new trade name) or Cymex is another. Keep applying it every couple of hours. Remember to give your mouthpiece a good clean once they've cleared up.

Happy carolling :shock:
 

super_sop

Supporting Member
Trom41821 said:
Get some Blisteze (or it's new trade name) or Cymex is another. Keep applying it every couple of hours. Remember to give your mouthpiece a good clean once they've cleared up.

Happy carolling :shock:
actually thats one thing i havent done after i tried to practice this afternoon.
BRB
 

Trom41821

Member
Yuck! Errrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! That means your germ ridden

Unclean Unclean Unclean Unclean I hear tMP cry in polyphony :D
 

HBB

Active Member
Trom41821 said:
Get some Blisteze (or it's new trade name) or Cymex is another. Keep applying it every couple of hours. Remember to give your mouthpiece a good clean once they've cleared up.

Happy carolling :shock:
It's now Blistex I think! I think I remember pricing them! ;)

The herb one smells nice anyway!

Zoivoirax is good (sp.) if not a bit pricey. Alternatively Surgical Spirit is good too!
 

bagpuss

Active Member
Craig

Used to suffer from these all the time in my bone playing days. Firstly, the only way I could find of effectively cleaning and sterilising the mouthpiece was to put it in a pan of boiling water for about 30 seconds and then leave it to cool before rinsing it. Secondly (sorry everyone) but zovirax and the others never worked on mine, the only thing I found that worked was something called Herpid paint (prescribed by doctor to treat shingles and OBVIOUSLY not reccommended for internal use but on coldsores on the outside of the lips I have yet to find anything better). Unfortunately, they have apparently stopped prescribing it now because it's so damned expensive. If not, then there's nothing better than aftershave or some sort of surgical spirit. Don't just dab it on once each time, dab it on until it doesn't hurt anymore and the leave it for a while before re-applying.

Hope it helps and hope you're ok for friday, excuses will not be tolerated now you are principal you know!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Bagpuss
 

Dan

Member
bagpuss said:
Craig

Secondly (sorry everyone) but zovirax and the others never worked on mine

Bagpuss
Yeah, Zovirax is not much good after the cold sore has come out. I find it great though if you apply it copiously when you can feel the first 'tingle'. It can sometimes stop the cold sore in its tracks, if it doesn't stop it completely it is usually less severe.
 

super_sop

Supporting Member
thanks for all the help, and sympathy :cry:

Ive been to boots to ask about the snowfire stuff, they didnt have any but may be able to get me some :cry:

i think ill stick with the aftershave stings like hell but dries everything up, it used to work in the past, and seems to be doin ok now.


many thanks
craig
 

Big Twigge

Active Member
Hope your poorly lips are feeling a bit better Craig.
You'd better be there on friday because I've been practising this week and need to show off to the person who most makes me feel most guilty when I don't practice!
(Note Roger, this doesn't happen very much, I practise lots and lots :shock: )
 

super_sop

Supporting Member
Big Twigge said:
Hope your poorly lips are feeling a bit better Craig.
You'd better be there on friday because I've been practising this week and need to show off to the person who most makes me feel most guilty when I don't practice!
(Note Roger, this doesn't happen very much, I practise lots and lots :shock: )
OH dear sounds like i mite be in trouble this week Big Twigge, because iv hardly been able to touch a mouthpiece, nevermind loads of practice :oops:
 

super_sop

Supporting Member
ive tried very hard to play this week, but its a litle dificult to play when you are blowing blood into your instrument :cry:
 
Top