Help! Any physiotherapists or such like.


Active Member
Since I can't be [insert preffered expletive here] to sit and wait for up to 2 years for an NHS referral, I'm looking for advice on how to relieve Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome. Having done some basic research myself, I understand that some kind of stretching exercises are in order but can anyone recommend suitable ones?


Active Member
I believe that the official recommendation is to give up playing bass trombone and to stop drinking beer. That should do it.



Supporting Member
See a Sports Massage Therapist. Preferably one trained at one of the decent schools and not an evening class at a Tech College. (London School of Sports Massage has a web site with a list of practitioners in each area) they can sort it for you and show the relevant stretches. I could explain some appropriate stretches but you really need to be shown how to do them.


Active Member
What have you done now...
Remedial Massage Therapy is pretty good. I've been seeing one for a while and he definitely helps keep my back and neck in line. Mind you he is a complete sadist...